Sniper Elite v2

trophyshy

Preordered this after enjoying the demo.

Released today and it's not fucking here. Wankers.

What's the fucking point of pre-ordering if you can get it quicker in the shops?

I'll snipe them good.

I got this on the strength of the demo.  Played through to that part of the game, but not had time for it since.  Like the fact that they've made it a bit harder than the demo (or at least it seemed that way to me, I might just be shite though).

What do you guys reckon about this then? Got round to the second mission yesterday. Liked the stuff outside and sniping in time to the tannoy announcements etc, but then going inside the base and creeping around with a pathetic silenced pistol and a seemingly limitless number of guards just seemed a strange change to the sniping. And then bedlam at the end of the level. What are you guys who have got further thinking about it?

Yeah wind is quite challenging. Once they are 150m plus it's tricky. But it's good vfm if it takes you 12 hours to get through one 10 minute section. ;)

What did slightly annoy me was that I was playing it for a short while on Saturday, and got to what I thought was a checkpoint and the save icon came up, so I thought it had saved my progress. Had to stop playing just a little way after, and when I came back to it yesterday it was right at the start of the mission, and none of the gold bars or wine bottles had been collected/sniped.

Is it just that I didn't get to an actual checkpoint? And what was it trying to save? Cos I know that some of my stats didn't progress, 'cos I had the same progress updates come up in almost the same places when I played through again. Do you have to do the whole mission in one sitting?

• 2 weeks later...

Got this on PS3, anyone else having problems where it freezes whilst doing the kill cam, and just won't respond? The sound stays on, the perpetual increasing noise that you get for the kill cams, but the screen just stops at a certain point as the bullet is about to hit. Nothing seems to work so have to turn the PS3 off, and cos you can't start at checkpoints, have to replay the entire damn mission. Annoying.