Football Manager 2013

Tooj

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are people signing?

Other than getting Ba on a new contract away from that fucking release clause as quickly as possible I'm not really sold on who else to go for

Got Shawcross for naff all upfront and then string out the rest over 48 months. About £12m total. Ditto with Viktor Fischer from Ajax. Sold Perch to Norwich for £3.5m, cash paid upfront!

Loaned out the majority of the reserve side.

transfersv.png

1st team is

Krul

Simpson Shawcross Colo Santon

Tiote Cabaye

HBA ------------------------------Fischer

Cisse Ba

Play short passing, pressing game. Counter against what I consider better teams and control against weaker ones. Playing the second string in Europe

Krul

Simpson S.Taylor Colo R.Taylor

Anita Vuckic

Obertan--------------------------Jonas

Campbell Ameobi

I'm rotating the fullbacks quite a bit and occasionally need to swap out one of the forwards.

--------P W D L F A

Prem 7 6 1 0 18 2

Euro 2 2 0 0 5 1

LCup 1 1 0 0 2 1

The mackems have played 7, won once and they've played against some shite teams. Them and West Ham propping up the league conceding 18 goals between them.

Edited by The Fish

Some changes I've made so far editing wise.

- Lowered Jonas' acceleration to 13 and put his pace to 12.

- Upped Shola's work-rate from 5 to 11.

- Put Demba Ba's preference to play as AML down to 12, so that means when you start the game he just shows up as a striker which is more realistic.

- Added the injuries for Ryan Taylor and Vuckic

- Upped Campbell's acceleration and pace as his pace was only 14

- Upped Raylor's crossing, free-kick and corner ability

- Upped Ferguson's crossing ability

- Made it so Santon is also a natural right-back and right-wing back

- Edited Ben Arfa's positions too so he can play wide left

- Upped Perch's composure

- Added Pardew to Ben Arfa's favourite staff

- Added that Debuchy and Sissoko want to play for NUFC as a career path

- Changed Bigi's potential ability to a -9 and made him a natural DM

- Lowered Perch's preference to play right-back and upped his one to play CB

- Upped Ben Arfa's work-rate and team work

- Added NUFC as one of Les Ferdinand's favourite clubs

- Changed Douglas to a Dutch international (as he can never get a work permit) and it made it so he is leaving Twente at the end of the season

I'll be ready for a monster session tomorrow.

Is there was a way to play online without needing both players to be online at the same time?

• 2 weeks later...

What did you have in mind for the challenge game?

Not sure. Anything from something as simple as Blyth Spartans? to a purely English, Premier League champion side.

Also isn't there a "My Newcastle plays your Newcastle in a friendly" option on the main screen?

By the way, since that screen grab above I drew 0-0 with Chelsea which I figured would hand Man City the title (I was 4 points behind), but they've lost 1-0 at Stoke. We're 2 goals apart. They've got Swansea at the Etihad and I'm away to Everton.

I've also got Spurs in the Euro final.

I kind of wish shit had been sorted earlier :(

I managed to do the double and win the Prem and the Europa on it. I just seemed to not be able to lose a game, I always managed to get a win or a draw and before I knew it I was battling with the Manchesters at the top of the league. Guidetti was a beast on it but now City wont loan him out to me since I'm considered a 'divisional rival' and I didnt have the funds to sign him permanently, so I've signed Lukaku on loan, and signed Bertolacci (a CM) and got Bochetti on a free.

Falcao is un-fucking-believable

20 goals in 15 appearances so far, I got a tycoon takeover (never happened to me before) just at the end of season 2.

End of first season review.

I started out by shipping a load of deadwood but I didn't really spend much on incoming transfers as you can see.

newcastletransfershisto.png

Cup Competitions

I beat Crvenza Zvezda 1-0 away from home in the first leg of Europa qualifying, so I played a slightly weaker team in the return leg at home and this happened. :(:lol:

newcastlevcrvenazvezdao.png

I also got Arsenal away in the League Cup so was out at the first attempt there and got beat 1-0 off Ipswich at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup too.

The League

barclayspremierleagueovr.png

As you can see I only finished 7th. This was mainly due to inconsistent form and not winning games that I should have done. Take a look at some of my results from January onwards, I ended up not losing in my last 9 league games and against some really good teams too, yet couldn't pick up home results against the likes of Wigan.

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

The main tactic I used was my possession based 4-2-3-1. The main issue I was having was that Cisse wasn't scoring at all, then in my last 9 league games I changed the base of my tactic from an attacking style to a control style, results then improved as did Cisse's scoring. You can see there he only scored 14 league goals, and 5 of them came in his last 3 games.

papisscissoverviewattri.png

Ben Arfa was my best player of the season, I had great success playing him on the right and in an IF role. Most of my team have strict instructions as that is what you need to try and have a possession based tactic, however I gave Ben Arfa a lot more creative freedom and he shone.

hatembenarfaoverviewatt.png

2013/14 Transfers and Expectations

newcastletransfershisto.png

As you can see from above, I've severely strengthened my team and got some bargain free transfers in Sissoko, Douglas and Mbiwa. Even though Steven Taylor was fantastic for me last season I've sold him to Reading and managed to get £20 million up-front from Liverpool as well for Demba Ba. This has financed most of my summer transfer moves, and meant I have brought in Dembele to play my AML role.

The tactic below is what I used in the previous season.

newcastleunitedtacticsok.png

However I'm looking to play about and swap between the two tactics below to try and get a better possession based style of things.

newcastleunitedtacticso.png

newcastleunitedtacticso.png