Tragic side of Christmas

Gene_Clark

Friday night - 25 year old stabbed to death in Boldon Lane, South Shields

Saturday night - 33 year old dies of head injuries in Stanley

Sunday afternoon - 35 year old father of 2 stabbed to death on Wallsend High street

Xmas Eve morning - woman dies & her partner taken to hospital after domestic incident in Crook

Just too tragic to comprehend; is it drink that does this to people or what?

Love & peace to you all; keep safe

Agree with the sentiment. It tragic that people think whatever the issue, this is the answer. It never is. Staggers me that people get so worked up over what would essentially be trivial squabbles.

A lot of people need to open their eyes and see life for what it is.

Reet, enough of my hippy shite I need more wine ;)

Stay happy all.

Always seems to happen around Christmas. When you were a teenager and were maybe wandering about round Christmas/New Year you knew that there was always a chance someone could start something but the idea of carrying knives etc just wouldn't have even entered my mind nor those I knocked around with some of whom 'weren't angels'.

Also thinking of Idioteque and his recent loss. I hope it goes as well as it can.

Was at the old dears last night, brother came down from Edinburgh with his missus and 2 kids. 3 people from the same car killed on the A68 near Pathead this morning, a few hours after they safely returned up the same road Terrible thing to happen at this time of year. Didnt know about all these incidents on Tyneside, very shocking too.

Best wishes to Idioteque, Mac and Stevie and their families and anyone else with a lot on their mind this Christmas.

Always seems to happen around Christmas. When you were a teenager and were maybe wandering about round Christmas/New Year you knew that there was always a chance someone could start something but the idea of carrying knives etc just wouldn't have even entered my mind nor those I knocked around with some of whom 'weren't angels'.

yes; never, ever heard of anyone carrying a weapon when i was growing up -

Every year i feel more & more like Sheriff Ed Tom Bell (the Tommy Lee Jones character) in "No Country For Old Men" - this world is changing, not in a good way either.

sigh.

my heart guess out to the loved ones of these victims & to everyone who has lost someone dear to them.