Best Team

Christmas Tree

Assists can be a very misleading statistic IMO, could set it up on a platter for someone and if they don't score there's obviously no assist. The other way round a mundane sideways pass can become an assist if someone then creates something out of nothing or hits a belter of a shot.

Better comparison is actually watching. Ben Arfa is vastly superior to Marveaux from what I have seen - in every way. I'd have Ben Arfa as one of the five best players in the league in terms of ability and technique.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you are trying to be clever and failing. Both players are in my team, Ben Arfa playing where he ALWAYS PLAYS.

How does me choosing to play Ben Arfa where he ALWAYS PLAYS mean I know "fuck all about football"?

A simple answer will do :lol:

Ok, I'll try again. Hatem Ben Arfa's preferred position is the number 10 role that you have Marveaux playing. You've put Marveaux there despite his preferred position being wide left. It's akin to playing Jonas in the middle.

Ben Arfa has played in that position because we've nobody better to play out wide and the tactics employed mean we can't accommodate him in the centre at the moment. If we had Bale on the left and Valencia wide right we would employ Ben Arfa through the middle. Unfortunately we have Obertan (who's improved as of late, but still isn't a better option than Ben Arfa on the right hand side.) or Marveaux (who while shows signs of being a tidy player isn't a better option than Ben Arfa on the right hand side.)

Krul

Debuchy--- Taylor ---Colo -----Santon

Tiote

Anita Cabaye

HBA-------------Obertan

Ba

Or

Krul

Taylor Colo

Debuchy ----Tiote---- Santon

Anita Cabaye

HBA

Cisse Ba

Do you understand now?

It's straw man argument.

I don't mind CTs formation except I'd have Ba up top and would allow HBA to roam in behind with Cabaye not so deep.

Ok, I'll try again. Hatem Ben Arfa's preferred position is the number 10 role that you have Marveaux playing. You've put Marveaux there despite his preferred position being wide left. It's akin to playing Jonas in the middle.

Ben Arfa has played in that position because we've nobody better to play out wide and the tactics employed mean we can't accommodate him in the centre at the moment. If we had Bale on the left and Valencia wide right we would employ Ben Arfa through the middle. Unfortunately we have Obertan (who's improved as of late, but still isn't a better option than Ben Arfa on the right hand side.) or Marveaux (who while shows signs of being a tidy player isn't a better option than Ben Arfa on the right hand side.)

Krul

Debuchy--- Taylor ---Colo -----Santon

Tiote

Anita Cabaye

HBA-------------Obertan

Ba

Or

Krul

Taylor Colo

Debuchy ----Tiote---- Santon

Anita Cabaye

HBA

Cisse Ba

Do you understand now?

Very nice, but not the question I asked?

Want to try again or get some sleep?

The question was?

How does me choosing to play Ben Arfa where he ALWAYS PLAYS mean I know "fuck all about football"?

It, on it's own, does not. However that accompanied with a whole heap of other evidence does.

You make decisions based on gut instinct, not consideration. You insisted that dropping Jonas and playing Ferguson would be the answer. Then it's Marveaux's turn in the cross hairs of your affection. Soon it will be Streete despite you knowing nothing about him, beyond the praise you've read somewhere else.

Tavernier is closer to the 1st team than Streete and yet you don't mention him at all.

Now, want to try again or continue looking like a stroppy cunt? :lol:

So you keep saying but not backing up ;)

There's a catalogue of evidence across the forum, just looks for the posts directly under your avatar.

I've said all I'm going to on the matter in this instance, so enjoy your final swing knowing there will be no rebuttal :)

No, I was trying to get an idea (learn) of what a decent return of assists was from a good player in a normal football year.

Can we narrow it down? Players for teams in Europe may end the season with more assists by virtue of having more opportunities against weaker opposition, conversely they may not because they don't play as often as players in relegation struggling sides. Teams like Stoke prefer to play a settled side and so Etherington would do well in the assist column, but Nasri (say) may not because he hasn't played as many minutes in the Premier League?

Its the same 4231 formation we've been playing in most of our recent games ;)

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Tiote Bigi

Cisse Marveaux Obertan

Ba

I just changed the personnel.

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Santon

Tiote Cabaye

HBA Marveaux Ba

Cisse

Dont we play 433?

There's a catalogue of evidence across the forum, just looks for the posts directly under your avatar.

I've said all I'm going to on the matter in this instance, so enjoy your final swing knowing there will be no rebuttal :)

I will thanks. I'll even fill in the answers for you. :)

Q. When in 4 years have I ever claimed to know loads about football? A. Never

Q. As a Newcastle season ticket holder, do I have an opinion on Newcastle? A. Yes

Q. In a thread asking you to "Pick your favourite Team", is my team so off the wall? A. No

Q. After saying there were so many ways to point out I was wrong, how many did you describe? A. None.

Q. Which one of us has acted the clever twat in this thread? A. You

Q. Why do grown men feel the need to act like little girls on the net? A. ???

A few of these just in case ;););)