Best Team

Christmas Tree

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what your getting at?

Just be nice to see Cabaye playing that more dangerous creative side of his game that looked so good at times last year but has been missing this year.

I think it was Villa where he kept peppering the goal before finally scoring.

I don't see Cabaye as a 'classic no. 10' although the role has virtually died out anyway. If he's playing the furthest forward in a 3 along with 2 of Tiote, Anita and Gutierrez then I could see it working. Especially if it's HBA, Cisse and the new striker / wide man (e.g. Remy) playing ahead of them.

I don't see Cabaye as a 'classic no. 10' although the role has virtually died out anyway. If he's playing the furthest forward in a 3 along with 2 of Tiote, Anita and Gutierrez then I could see it working. Especially if it's HBA, Cisse and the new striker / wide man (e.g. Remy) playing ahead of them.

That's the thing though, when that shape was working for us it was more a 4-2-1-2-1, which although narrow means the full backs need to work hard, almost being wing backs and the 2 DMs don't stray from being in front of the back line. This season Pardew tried to keep everyone happy by playing 4-4-2 and since then we haven't had the continuity of players to get into a flow of games.

By the way Cabaye isn't a no. 10 type player, he's more the italian Fantasisti, like Platini was.

As you know, no 10s are more your dribbler of the ball.

He's a modern central playmaker in the Fabregas / Lampard / Gerrard - type mould. Rather than a Bergkamp / Baggio / Pedro type 'no. 10'. I realise the latter wore '8' before anyone points that out :razz: