Ashley's taken £11m out of the club in 2012

Happy Face

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's his money and he can take it back whenever he wants tbh. He has put a lot in and to be fair there is now interest on the loan.

There is no interest on the loan.

Owning a football club is a mug's game, his aim is for the club to 'wipe its own nose' and I fail to see how withdrawing money from the club is going to help achieve that aim. His best hope of recovering the money he has put in is by seeing the club succeed on the field and hope that someone comes along and offers him crazy money for the club.

In short, team owners should expect to have to put money into the club but should not be taking money out. That's just the way it is.

The only other company Mike Ashley has is Sports Direct and given it's performance and the fact that he is only a shareholder and doesn't have total control he will not be putting any extra funds into it. The only thing he would be doing is buying up shares.

And given our lack of signings in the summer I don't think anyone will argue that we could have been very much doing with that £11m.

He has - Sissoko, Debuchy, Haidara and Mbiwa were all signed after this.

The £11m taken out was from last year. when we spent about £10m net.

He'll be taking out £18m this year and we're yet to see what the net spend is. £7m back off Ba.

I would expect us to spend quite a bit if we stop up though, that £18m is covered by the extra tv money.

I would expect us to spend quite a bit if we stop up though, that £18m is covered by the extra tv money.

Do you know how much extra the new TV deal is likely to be worth per season? Plus the new deal hasn't kicked in yet so the £18m won't be available for him to withdraw in this financial year as he has planned.

We're going to see a fall in the PL prize money we receive this season compared to last although that should be offset by the EL run and the associated gates.

I can't see us having a whole lot to splurge in the summer.

The only other company Mike Ashley has is Sports Direct and given it's performance and the fact that he is only a shareholder and doesn't have total control he will not be putting any extra funds into it. The only thing he would be doing is buying up shares.

And given our lack of signings in the summer I don't think anyone will argue that we could have been very much doing with that £11m.

Companies and investments I mean. He is very active on the stock market and has a lot of his wealth tied up in shares. Investors with as much as him often plough into the markets during the bad times as they can come out of the other side with a lot more.

I agree that from my personal perspective, I'd have liked to see a load more come in during the summer. I don't think the failure to bring players in was as a result of having a lack of funds though, more a failure of Llambias and team to close the deals.

Do you know how much extra the new TV deal is likely to be worth per season? Plus the new deal hasn't kicked in yet so the £18m won't be available for him to withdraw in this financial year as he has planned.

We're going to see a fall in the PL prize money we receive this season compared to last although that should be offset by the EL run and the associated gates.

I can't see us having a whole lot to splurge in the summer.

After receiving £40m for HBA and Cabaye we will. Cabaye will not be here in July, I'll bet anyone any money now.

I think Ben Arfa will def be away like. Cabaye appears to be hinting in every which way that he doesn't really want to be here with the depression and just looking generally unhappy. Take into account that tweet from his Mrs and I agree, won't be here next season.

9+PL+Distrib+Domestic.jpg

It's a shitload, up over £20m.

After receiving £40m for HBA and Cabaye we will. Cabaye will not be here in July, I'll bet anyone any money now.

Like Tiote wasn't last summer. ;)