TONY Parks!

snakehips

any relation to Tony Parks?

77811[/snapback]

Wondered if someone would pick it up.

Tony Parks is the guy from Blackburn - Phil Parks used to play in goal for QPR & West Ham in the 70s and 80s...

77863[/snapback]

thought he might have been that was all, just due to how many years Tony served the club as player/coach/manager/assistant, thought he may have been some sort of relative

77864[/snapback]

Christ! can't a man have a couple of beers and make an honest mistake!!!! :):)

Plenty of people connected with Blackburn and fans have pointed out many things.

These include the drastic improvement in coaching and training/fitness, tactics and football being played. It isn't rocket science to see the reason for it.

Of course i don't know how Rovers can be playing well, i mean with Bellamy there the dressing room and team morale must be abysmal, as supposed to the amazing spirit we have here shown in the fact we can't ever come back from behind in the prem under Souness.

And why not bring up a favourite Souness quote/load of bulshit:

Bellamy will only ever get you 7 goals a season but Shola is a 20 a season player! (may have been 9 not 7, i can't remember)

Well Bellamy already has 9 and has been injured half the time, can't quite see Shola getting to the 20 mark this season though!!!

77684[/snapback]

Basically Souness is a twat, Bellamy's a twat and Shola's garbage.

77685[/snapback]

Bellamy may well be a twat, but is there still anyone out there who believes he (and Robert, perhaps) were ruining our team spirit whereas now its "the best Souness has ever had". The team with the shite team spirit (and Bellamy) would be the one who used to regularly come back from behind to win games, the one with the amazing team spirit is the one who is beaten every single time they go behind and play like it.

Its obvious from the fact Souness pretty much mentions the dressing room or the spirit every week that he is way overcompensating, is hiding the fact he hasn't improved it at all and is tryign to still justify his fall outs with players by bullshitting about this amazing dressing room he has created.

You don't hear other managers who actually have a great dressign room/spirit mention it all the time, they just sit back and let the results show how good the spirit is. If he mentions it once more or says the word "proper" in any context i hope the interview twats the useless fucker!

77691[/snapback]

amazing how many are STILL taken in by Souness' spin and propaganda mate, "bad dressing room" my fecking arse

77782[/snapback]

It's irrelevant. Neebody thinks he's the right manager, the arguments moved on. It's all about who and when to replace him. Keep up.

77802[/snapback]

no it isn't, you STILL believe his lies about a player he sold....show us the evidence that the dressing room is better than it was, show us the evidence that it is better than under Bobby Robson when we were in the CL, show us the evidence that the "cancer" has moved from us to Blackburn.....

and it's relevant because we would be better off if he was still here, and the wanker responsible for kicking him out is still here repeating this crap.

So, admit you are wrong, for believing fuckwits lies ..... or prove otherwise

77820[/snapback]

As mentioned by myself elsewhere in this very thread-he's a gobshite. He lies and he concocts excuses. He's not the man for the job.

The team spirit was better before he came but with huge attitude problems and the team were in decline in any event and Robson wouldnt have solved the problem.

Another manager might have done better than Souness - most thought that was likely. Another manager might still do better-most still think that is likely.

We need another manager if we want to achieve anything-the only questions are who and when.

The Bellamy argument is irrelevant.

77822[/snapback]

I don't agree, a proper manager would have commanded his respect, and we would be better off and have Owen, Bellamy and Shearer all on the books.

As for "making excuses", you are just someone else who has forgotten all about him playing for a season and a half with a career threatening injury.....and still put

almost all of his team mates to shame for desire, energy and will to win - poisonous and gobby, bollocks, on the pitch where it matters he was the biggest attacking influence we had and was instrumental in Shearer finding a new lease of life.

It is relevant for as long as it takes to adequately replace him [at huge cost] and for as long as the blind still believe fuckwits lies

77849[/snapback]

Nobody believes Souness's lies. Desist!

The main reason we havent won anything despite all the cash injections is a lack of professionalism-throughout the club. Bellamy was a very good player but typified this. What is acceptable as a professional footballer at Newcastle United is way below what is acceptable at the top clubs. That is why you constantly see the same clubs come from behind. That is why we win sweet fanny adams.

Bellamy was a good player but not so good that he could win us anything singlehandedly. That is the only circumstance in which you can tolerate having that sort of player on your books (Diego Maradonna etc.)

He's gone and I really couldnt give a shiney shite because it would have had no impact on us picking up a pot/staying up this season, good player as he was.

77855[/snapback]

Bellamy and Robert transformed us from a mid table team, with no penetration or pace, into a team that qualified for the CL, now they have gone, where are we ?

Yes, back to where we started....and worse.

Such is the lack of professionalism - so far as I can see, they made great inroads ....... ?

Did you say when Bellamy was here his "gob" wasn't worth the trouble ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Coming back on the coach from Wigan (soopafantastic) we had Radio 5 on and Blackburn had come back from being 2-0 down to win iirc. The amount of Blackburn fans coming on and saying 'under Souness we would NEVER have come back from being 2-0 down.' 'A Souness side playing awful negative football in a cup tie doesn't surprise me.' 'We're so much fitter under Hughes.' 'I'm so glad Souness is gone, cheers for poaching him!' etc etc was depressing.

Most attacking manager this club has ever had my arse.

Coming back on the coach from Wigan (soopafantastic) we had Radio 5 on and Blackburn had come back from being 2-0 down to win iirc. The amount of Blackburn fans coming on and saying 'under Souness we would NEVER have come back from being 2-0 down.' 'A Souness side playing awful negative football in a cup tie doesn't surprise me.' 'We're so much fitter under Hughes.' 'I'm so glad Souness is gone, cheers for poaching him!' etc etc was depressing.

Most attacking manager this club has ever had my arse.

77970[/snapback]

The phrase in my post "at huge cost" seems to be a lot more significant this morning, in view of the report of the 90m debt .....

Bellamy is definitely a twat like :)

77987[/snapback]

not your usual standard Alex

77994[/snapback]

Howay man Leazes, I've said before I would have him back in a shot. I've also said that Souness never gave him (or Robert) the 'clean slate' he afforded others. I've criticised the way Souness handled the situation (not least the way his actions reduced Bellmay's market value). However, I think you're being a bit blinkered if you think anyone who thinks he's a troublesome little shit is simply buying Souness's spin. He was frequently causing hassle under Robson.

We need another manager if we want to achieve anything-the only questions are who and when.

Very true, and i've noticed from talking to people, that more and more are coming roudn to the view that he absolutely has to go and now, with anythign better than this one man disaster, whether it be something short term, long term, Shearer, or even letting the players pick the team and tactics themselves!!!

77827[/snapback]

I kinda like that idea :) , although isn't that just the same as Shearer being manager? :)

We're not gonna go down. We're not gonna win owt. Leave it until the end of the season/til a point when an exceptional candidate becomes available and interested (if earlier) and get shut then. The main lesson to learn shirley is that we dont 'rush job' someone in just like we did with Souness after Robson.

Howay, we know it's shit, but apparently theres neeone else decent out there wants the job at the minute.

I agree we should take our time, but it's more than possible we could get sucked into a real relegation fight, who is going to score the goals, we all know that Owen has won us half our points as Souness' get out of jail card

Sacking Souness now and appointing a caretaker with impetus, and showing everyone the vacancy is there is the best idea IMO

I agree we should take our time, but it's more than possible we could get sucked into a real relegation fight, who is going to score the goals, we all know that Owen has won us half our points as Souness' get out of jail card

Sacking Souness now and appointing a caretaker with impetus, and showing everyone the vacancy is there is the best idea IMO

78025[/snapback]

If we got sucked into a relegation battle then I agree we would be justified in appointing whoever seemed like a better alternative. Totally. I think we just differ in that I think, until then, we should bide our time as I think hastiness was the big mistake with Souness.

I'm not totally against a caretaker (just for the record) but my concern there is you get an inexperienced person getting a few good results (on the back of sheer enthusiasm as opposed to tactical acumen) and that persuades the Chairman to give him a full go next term in the belief that that will continue. Which in my opinion is a big risk and could lead to yet another wasted season.

I accept that Stuart Pearce at Citeh is a good example of it working having said all that.

78025[/snapback]

If we got sucked into a relegation battle then I agree we would be justified in appointing whoever seemed like a better alternative. Totally. I think we just differ in that I think, until then, we should bide our time as I think hastiness was the big mistake with Souness.

I'm not totally against a caretaker (just for the record) but my concern there is you get an inexperienced person getting a few good results (on the back of sheer enthusiasm as opposed to tactical acumen) and that persuades the Chairman to give him a full go next term in the belief that that will continue. Which in my opinion is a big risk and could lead to yet another wasted season.

I accept that Stuart Pearce at Citeh is a good example of it working having said all that.

78046[/snapback]

I see your point, however at the moment we still need a few more points to make sure we aren't sucked into a relwgation fight.

If we are, Souness is the last man I would want to offer encouragement and support to players when they need lifting, we have all seen all he will do is increase the excuses and the mood of defeatism he has brought to his "happy" dressing room.

I don't think Stuart Pearce has done anything yet, not a thing, he took over a good set of players and an improving team that Keegan built built who flagged a bit when he announced he was leaving but has neither improved or gone backwards.

His real test will be when he has more of his own players.

78025[/snapback]

78046[/snapback]

I see your point, however at the moment we still need a few more points to make sure we aren't sucked into a relwgation fight.

If we are, Souness is the last man I would want to offer encouragement and support to players when they need lifting, we have all seen all he will do is increase the excuses and the mood of defeatism he has brought to his "happy" dressing room.

I don't think Stuart Pearce has done anything yet, not a thing, he took over a good set of players and an improving team that Keegan built built who flagged a bit when he announced he was leaving but has neither improved or gone backwards.

His real test will be when he has more of his own players.

78108[/snapback]

I think we should avoid a relegation scrap but on the highlighted point, we agree 100%

In relation to the happy dressing room. Was it just me who saw the comment made by the special needs one about not having players coming to him on a friday evening demanding to know why they aren't in the side. I don't know whether this was refering to the amount of injuries - so anyone slightly fit gets a game - or the Souness was trying to say that all the players were happy about the team selection. It seemed to be the latter.

However surely a sign of a good club is players knocking on the gaffers door, demanding to know why they aren't playing, it's show desire, commitment, competition for places. Is the real reason that they don't argue or at least question the selection down to the fact they really don't want to be out there playing this god awful football?

I may have missed his point here slightly.

In relation to the happy dressing room. Was it just me who saw the comment made by the special needs one about not having players coming to him on a friday evening demanding to know why they aren't in the side.  I don't know whether this was refering to the amount of injuries - so anyone slightly fit gets a game - or the Souness was trying to say that all the players were happy about the team selection.  It seemed to be the latter. 

However surely a sign of a good club is players knocking on the gaffers door, demanding to know why they aren't playing, it's show desire, commitment, competition for places.  Is the real reason that they don't argue or at least question the selection down to the fact they really don't want to be out there playing this god awful football? 

78115[/snapback]

top point, and well phrased.

Similar to earlier points about Souness' hypocrisy "I want players who don't like being subbed" then goes off his head when they show annoyance ie Bellamy and Dwight Yorke, and is exactly the reason Bellamy walked off the training ground to have a meeting with Shepherd

All he wants is yes men and nodding donkeys to massage his ego, this has been obvious long before he came to Newcastle

Edited by LeazesMag

In relation to the happy dressing room. Was it just me who saw the comment made by the special needs one about not having players coming to him on a friday evening demanding to know why they aren't in the side.  I don't know whether this was refering to the amount of injuries - so anyone slightly fit gets a game - or the Souness was trying to say that all the players were happy about the team selection.  It seemed to be the latter. 

However surely a sign of a good club is players knocking on the gaffers door, demanding to know why they aren't playing, it's show desire, commitment, competition for places.  Is the real reason that they don't argue or at least question the selection down to the fact they really don't want to be out there playing this god awful football? 

78115[/snapback]

I must admit I was (and still am) bewildered by his comment regarding this :)

Whatever the point he was making was, it went straight over my head.

Incidentally, I know someone (not a bullshitter) who was talking to Scott Parker recently. He said he came across as a nice lad but that he more or less said there are loads of divisions in the dressing room (without singling anyone out) and that the atmosphere at the club is pretty bad. So much for the 'team spirit' eh?

I think there always will be splits in the squad, it's not something I see as being a major problem to be honest as long as they can go out and play like a cohesive unit. It only every shows up as a problem when the team is playing like they had never seen each other before.

Arsenal is an example of this. I'm sure I can remember someone, probably after leaving Highbury, saying something about the divisions between different nationalities, with all the French lads sitting together etc. Doesn't really stop them coming out and playing some of the best passing football around though.

Having said that, you'd imagine a united dressing room would promote a good "work for the team" ethic. But the only reason Souness keeps going on about it, whether or not it's actually there, is that it's the only thing he can be perceived to have actually done in his time here. Otherwise what positive thing could he say about his 17 months here?

I think there always will be splits in the squad, it's not something I see as being a major problem to be honest as long as they can go out and play like a cohesive unit.  It only every shows up as a problem when the team is playing like they had never seen each other before.

Arsenal is an example of this. I'm sure I can remember someone, probably after leaving Highbury, saying something about the divisions between different nationalities, with all the French lads sitting together etc.  Doesn't really stop them coming out and playing some of the best passing football around though.

Having said that, you'd imagine a united dressing room would promote a good "work for the team" ethic.  But the only reason Souness keeps going on about it, whether or not it's actually there, is that it's the only thing he can be perceived to have actually done in his time here.  Otherwise what positive thing could he say about his 17 months here?

78234[/snapback]

the only reason he keeps saying it is to convince himself, and what little support he has left who still haven't sussed him, he has justification for selling Bellamy.

Because, like it or not, the day he decided on this action is the day it started going tits up for him.

Very true, and i've noticed from talking to people, that more and more are coming roudn to the view that he absolutely has to go and now, with anythign better than this one man disaster, whether it be something short term, long term, Shearer, or even letting the players pick the team and tactics themselves!!!

77827[/snapback]

I kinda like that idea :) , although isn't that just the same as Shearer being manager? :)

78009[/snapback]

:)

To be honest whilst Shearer wouldn't be my choice for manager i am intrigued as to exactly what changes he would instantly make. He's right in the heart of things and i would love to see which players would be straight out of the team, which woudl be in and the style/tactics employed.

If he picked himself then surely he would play to suit his game, ie. width, pace and creativity to set him up and do his leg work for him.