Newcastle United v Pacos de Ferreira

Christmas Tree

I feel my point has been missed- which was quickly typed at graft. (Nothing to do with formations per se, more style of player)

You can't have it both ways when looking at a player - if you want him forward - which is how we're using him - he's going to get caught short at the back, that happens to the very best of players & those it doesn't happen to often have the best cover in a strong system. (Which in this 4231 we don't have)

With Santon's build & height you're going to want to get him forward & in my opinion he does it well, he's an intelligent player, diverse & his left foot is developing nicely - it's always been decent but he hasn't used it enough. I'd be quite happy with Davide playing at LB/RB or LM/RM & he's fairly comfortable with it too.

It's perhaps worth bearing in mind, he's the same age as Shane Ferguson.

(Funnily enough Pistone got similar stick with everyone telling him to get forward & complaining when he wasn't back)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the one sole reason for a certain Argentinians inclusion was to cover the left back.

Jonas plays pretty much everywhere but that is a job he can do well on his day :up:

Where have you been "to dumb"? I've not seen a post from you since I joined recently, but every single one has been either magnificently cutting or raised a smile. Quality.