What a dive..

JawD

As per the "wheeee" sticky above, thanks to those who sponsored me for the skydive which I done today. Raised £855 towards the Evening Chronicle Sunshine fund.

It was fucking brilliant!

Jumped out (tandem jump) at 12,000ft. The clouds were at 6,000ft. Free fall at 120mph for 50 seconds, 6,000 ft so you go through the clouds and then open the canopy. Done a few spins etc freefalling. Breathtaking stuff like. After that the glide down was a breeze, a few spins again etc. That bit took about 5mins, but it was the free fall that made it for me. Surreal to say the least, jumping out and just.. falling. Quickly. Face first (you are strapped to his front so as you drop, you're on bottom).

So, another thing "ticked off the list". If you're ever considering doing one of these, do it. DO IT! Seriously something you have to experience.

It is aye. All you basically do is shuffle to the door of the plane and tuck your legs under the door, cross your arms over your chest and put your head back. Then he pushes you both out and you start to hurtle down. He lets the tiny chute go which just helps to balance you both then he taps your shoulder and you then let your arms go out by your side. I had a video dont so then I was waving at the camera and high fiving the camera man etc :lol: Mental man. Then sank through could and he opens the chute. You just dangle there and he does all the steering. As you come to land you just need to lift your legs so his takes the impact. Not to it on your side really! Well, apart from the falling at 120mph bit...