Desktop Icons

Christmas Tree

Are you just wanting a window to open directly to twitter?

No I have that ie a shortcut on my desktop that opens directly to twitter. However all shortcuts have the bog std google chrome short cut item and I would like the icons to instead reflect the topic ie the twitter logo for twitter, nufc badge gor toontastic etc

No I have that ie a shortcut on my desktop that opens directly to twitter. However all shortcuts have the bog std google chrome short cut item and I would like the icons to instead reflect the topic ie the twitter logo for twitter, nufc badge gor toontastic etc

I'm still confused why you want a direct shortcut to twitter on your desktop when you could just make twitter one of your homepages?

but either way if you right click on the chrome that opens to twitter, click properties, change icon, choose the twitter icon, done.

I'm still confused why you want a direct shortcut to twitter on your desktop when you could just make twitter one of your homepages?

but either way if you right click on the chrome that opens to twitter, click properties, change icon, choose the twitter icon, done.

If you imagine an Iphone screen being the desktop you have lots of shortcuts "apps" that take you directly to the page you want to be at.

Ie eBay, Sky news, twitter etc

All on the home screen / desktop and all have a familiar icon.

All I want is to know how I can have those familiar icons on my lap top desktop.

It would make a lot more sense to just have these in your bookmarks, on your bookmarks toolbar, in whatever browser you use. The way you're going about this you're going to have multiple windows open and you're going to have to minimise them all to open your latest instance of chrome (no no no, this isn't chrome, this is "Sky News") from your glorified bookmarks on your desktop.

Maybe a rethink is in order :)

If you have your bookmarks bar displayed then on the left of it there an "apps" button. You can add all the apps you like to that page and they all display as the company icon for the app (page) you're opening.

I think that's what you want. Open chrome once and see all your app icons.

If you have your bookmarks bar displayed then on the left of it there an "apps" button. You can add all the apps you like to that page and they all display as the company icon for the app (page) you're opening.

I think that's what you want. Open chrome once and see all your app icons.

Aye that sounds spot on cheers.

It's limited like. I use it, but Twitter don't have an official chrome app, for example. you have to use Silverbird which is accessed from the top of the page.

Your other alternative is mybrowserpage.com

It sets you up with a windows 8 style homepage with your bookmarked websites presented as different sized boxes...

http://mybrowserpage.com/

Finally, in chrome, on any web page, you can click the 3 lines in the top right...tools...create application shortcuts and save that page to your desktop. Just tried it with Toontastic and got a lovely NUFC badge icon for the link on my desktop :)

Same with Twitter.

They open as concealed apps (no address bar to move anywhere else), with the site icon on the bottom bar too, rather than a chrome icon.

Finally, in chrome, on any web page, you can click the 3 lines in the top right...tools...create application shortcuts and save that page to your desktop. Just tried it with Toontastic and got a lovely NUFC badge icon for the link on my desktop :)

Same with Twitter.

They open as concealed apps (no address bar to move anywhere else), with the site icon on the bottom bar too, rather than a chrome icon.

:lol: what happened to "anything more than a recycle bin....."

That all sounds great. Can't wait to get home and fiddle.

Same with Twitter.

Just tried this at home. Absolutely perfect and EXACTLY what I was after.

:)

Filthy bastard.

:lol: what happened to "anything more than a recycle bin....."

That all sounds great. Can't wait to get home and fiddle.

Still stands. See post above....not that I'd do that either like. bookmark bar does me.