Touring Europe

aimaad22

Fair point, the problem is choosing where to go. You can see a lot more on the train and get to see the scenery. He also wont be x-ray screened with his shoes off every 3 hours.

Aye, it does sound a bit much for two weeks, but considering how much of a pain it has become to travel to these places because of visa problems etc which is only going to get worse plus I dont know when next I'll be able to plan or afford something like this I'd rather get through some of the major cities than see a couple in detail. Going to look along the lines of what you've suggested as an alternative to taking a guided tour :up:

You all watch too much Homeland by the way ;)

It's going to be a lot more work tailoring it to suit rather than take a tour. If you put up on here your desired destinations, we'll give you a hand finding the right travel deals (some posters on here are right travel bargain hunters). The hard part will be getting the accommodation right if you do it yourself. Location, travel time from airports or stations, quality and price are all going to take some time to sort out.

Also depends on what you want to do, what's the balance for you between having fun / going out versus immersing yourself in European 'culture' and by that I mean all the arty farty shit?

It's going to be a lot more work tailoring it to suit rather than take a tour. If you put up on here your desired destinations, we'll give you a hand finding the right travel deals (some posters on here are right travel bargain hunters). The hard part will be getting the accommodation right if you do it yourself. Location, travel time from airports or stations, quality and price are all going to take some time to sort out.

Also depends on what you want to do, what's the balance for you between having fun / going out versus immersing yourself in European 'culture' and by that I mean all the arty farty shit?

Exactly! The tour I singled out seemed ideal in that respect, driving you through places in Holland and Belgium with free days in Paris, Rome, Switzerland etc. Think I'd mostly just want to see the major landmarks, typical touristy stuff. Nothing too targeted. It didn't have Spain or Prague though which is a shame, but I suppose its impossible to fit in everything in that time frame. An alternate had Barcelona and Prague but no Rome which is just unacceptable.

The itinerary you provided before seems just about perfect. If I decide to do it myself I'll definitely drop by for more advice. Doubt it at this stage though. Was going through the process/requirements for the Shengen visa and its an almighty pain in the arse. Going to have to look at some of the things they want over the next few days. A trip to the far east is suddenly looking quite attractive :lol:

Have you considered Birmingham?

If only 34, 678,921 people hadnt heard that one before.

What's the opposite to Gandhi's Revenge?

Churchill's placenta?

Do the Singapore, Taiwan, HK, type vibe. Honestly, much better value for money, better food, and far more interesting than Europe....All you'll see in London is loads of traffic and a couple of old buildings (You can do that on googlemaps mate. :o