Sign in to follow this  
trooper

Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow

Seen Rainbow 4 times twice with Dio at the city hall twice with Joe Lynn Turner Whitley Bay ice rink & at Ingleston Edinburgh. I saw Purple at Knebworth in 1985 Perfect Strangers tour the line up was Paice,Gillan,Glover,Lord & Blackmore it pissed down all day

Edited by trooper

Ian Gillan is a tit like. I saw them at Wembley Arena about 15yeats ago and he told some bullshit story about having daily conversations with the Challenger space shuttle crew before it blew up

Ian Gillan is a tit like. I saw them at Wembley Arena about 15yeats ago and he told some bullshit story about having daily conversations with the Challenger space shuttle crew before it blew up

Yeah Gillans voice is shot now but he was really good in his day mind

Thank fuck for that - thought he was deed.

Never seen him live - queued up for tickets in 79 but didn't get them (day we beat QPR 4-2 when Peter Withe grabbed a dog).

Blackmores allegedly a moody get but he has a wicked sense of humour & is a guitar genius. One minute the heaviest metal & the next the most agile of classical playing .

I saw an interview with him once where he claimed he gave up rock after meeting Frank Sinatra who didn't have a clue who he was. I'd have been surprised if he had known.