Player Unknowns Battlegrounds

Andrew

I have the beta - I'm freakishly lucky in it. I've played about 7 games in total (wasn't enough to swing me away from RL) and won 4 of them :lol:

Good fun but needs a solid ranking system or something to make it more worthwhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought as its £20 and a couple of mates are getting on as well.

Played my first three games last night and finished 24th, 83rd(ouch) and 9th.

I have so far fought against two people and am yet to kill anyone, I'm not actually sure I've even hit anyone.

It's really good.

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's well put together as a gameplay consideration but don't you think it'll just get repetitive? Like, you win and then...? Nothing. Some cosmetic gear but that's about it.

You could say that about literally any game if you break it down far enough.

Gameplay makes or breaks, if they refine this to a really good level then it'll be one of the great imo.

26 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's well put together as a gameplay consideration but don't you think it'll just get repetitive? Like, you win and then...? Nothing. Some cosmetic gear but that's about it.

Isn't this exactly like your favourite game? :razz: 

These are certainly my favourite types of game and one of the reasons I love Rocket League.  One starts on par with everyone else, apart from being utter dogshit.

Take your frills and stick them in your bum.

3 minutes ago, adios said:

These are certainly my favourite types of game and one of the reasons I love Rocket League.  One starts on par with everyone else, apart from being utter dogshit.

Thats what Im liking so far, its a game of patience and skill rather than some lootbox bollocks.

Its a survival game not a kill most people game which I find way more interesting than sprinting round in CoD or whatever

Have you tried Fortnite?  A friend of mine is raving about it and it's free.  

It's a PUBG ripoff and he says it's better.  I don't understand how it can be free and better but there you go.

Tempted to try it out.

9 hours ago, adios said:

RL has a ranking system which actually makes you want to play. The last time I checked PUBG, it was just game after game with no real sense of skill progression through leaderboards. I would also suggest that you need more technical skill in RL, and that even after 1000 hours you can be learning new things or improving aspects of your game. How do you improve your ability to shoot someone? It's point and click.

Isn't the only condition of enjoyment that it remains competitive/challenging?  I thought that's what a ranking system was ultimately for, so I don't end up matched with feckin' Champion level players on RL. ;)

I take your point about technical skill of shooters but until I can beat 12yos screaming racial epithets at me I can neither confirm nor deny it. <_<  

On 12/30/2017 at 01:39, Rayvin said:

RL has a ranking system which actually makes you want to play. The last time I checked PUBG, it was just game after game with no real sense of skill progression through leaderboards. I would also suggest that you need more technical skill in RL, and that even after 1000 hours you can be learning new things or improving aspects of your game. How do you improve your ability to shoot someone? It's point and click.

So...is playing rocket league actually fun? I'm not with you on this one rayvin, when you reduce any shooter down to "point and click" and nothing more you're being silly.

There is a massive tactical element to PUBG that makes it different to many others, the scale of the map, the number of players, when to drop, where to go, where and when to move as the play area changes, when to engage someone and when to let them go, playing alone or in squads etc.

Oh, and PUBG does have a ranking/stat tracking screen.

In that case it's changed since the beta. I'm not criticising the gameplay at all btw, not that I went back to it after winning 4 out of 7. What I'm saying is that each time you've won once, I'm not sure about the incentive to keep winning. Largely because I didn't go back to it.

In fairness I played it longer than For Honor. I'm just not seeing what other people seem to in its lasting appeal.

If they've sorted the ranking system into banding and maybe added a competitive system, than I'll admit that it's basically the same setup as RL though.

Edited by Rayvin

You win by surviving, not by killing innit.

That lad had just watched the buggy go by and was facing the wrong way :D I'd been waiting for an opening for a bit, took a potshot at his tree just before the buggy rolled up.