Fallout 76

Andrew

War may never change but this is a pretty big departure from the norm for Fallout.

I've probably wanted multiplayer fallout for years but now its here I am soured by poor experiences of Sea of Thieves and Destiny 2 and the fact I am moving to opposite land of everyone I know before this comes out.

I’m assuming it’ll have single-player mode too, though?

I love Fallout but the thought of playing it alongside hordes of spotty 13yr-olds running round screaming “ your mom…” etc …

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m assuming it’ll have single-player mode too, though?

I love Fallout but the thought of playing it alongside hordes of spotty 13yr-olds running round screaming “ your mom…” etc …

Online only, squad based so it seems unlikely sadly.

It would've been really odd to have a "main" fallout game so soon after 4 and before another Elder Scrolls.

They've capped the number of players per server at fairly low levels, but I'm inclined to agree that this is a bit of a worry. I would willingly embrace a co-op centred Fallout experience but all that's going to happen with this is you'll get sniped from 100 miles away whenever you set foot in the open. It'll just be dog eat dog in the end.

These experiences just stress me out in the end, and tend to fall off from a playerbase PoV really quickly.

I like an open world RPG to have the option of just fucking about for a session, I played Breath of the Wild the other day for a few hours just doing sidequests and stuff, think I killed one monster.

You just don't get to play how you want in online games, its always dictated by someone else and I can't be arsed with it.

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

You just don't get to play how you want in online games, its always dictated by someone else and I can't be arsed with it.

Sums it up for me too, I'll probably pass in this one unless all my mates are getting it.

As with virtually every game I’ve ever bought, I think I’ll just carry on with FO4, wait a few months until after it’s released and all the bugs, bedwetting outrage, and reviews are settled, then wait again until it’s half price :icon_lol:

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

These experiences just stress me out in the end, and tend to fall off from a playerbase PoV really quickly.

I like an open world RPG to have the option of just fucking about for a session, I played Breath of the Wild the other day for a few hours just doing sidequests and stuff, think I killed one monster.

Totally agree.