Quick Restaurant Recommendations

Matt

I think your opinion of food changes when you get older and don't have to worry about money so much any more. Only 5 years ago I would probably be happy having a lamb burger at Weatherspoons on the two for a fiver deal; now the thought of this makes me feel a bit sick. Reheated microwave food is not good.

I forgot to mention Blackfriars btw, another posh restaurant worth a look.

Go to Rockafella.  It has the added bonus of having Hell's Kitchen running constantly on the TV above the bar. :lol:

109145[/snapback]

Is it any good? I fancy trying it.

109151[/snapback]

Aye, the food is nice. The menu's pretty limited in choice, but what there is seems to be done well. I had the King Prawn Rockefeller and it was nice.

Go to Rockafella.  It has the added bonus of having Hell's Kitchen running constantly on the TV above the bar. :lol:

109145[/snapback]

109151[/snapback]

Aye, the food is nice. The menu's pretty limited in choice, but what there is seems to be done well. I had the King Prawn Rockefeller and it was nice.

109156[/snapback]

Does the chef periodically take his top off and call everyone big boy or suggest they may need a rocket up their arse? Is the decor contemporary and neutral?

I think your opinion of food changes when you get older and don't have to worry about money so much any more. Only 5 years ago I would probably be happy having a lamb burger at Weatherspoons on the two for a fiver deal; now the thought of this makes me feel a bit sick. Reheated microwave food is not good.

I forgot to mention Blackfriars btw, another posh restaurant worth a look.

109150[/snapback]

Blackfriars is nice, went at Xmas.

109145[/snapback]

109151[/snapback]

109156[/snapback]

Does the chef periodically take his top off and call everyone big boy or suggest they may need a rocket up their arse? Is the decor contemporary and neutral?

109158[/snapback]

You don't help yourself with these gay accusations do you? :lol: I haven't even bolded the interior design question.

109145[/snapback]

109151[/snapback]

109156[/snapback]

109158[/snapback]

You don't help yourself with these gay accusations do you? :lol: I haven't even bolded the interior design question.

109164[/snapback]

You know to what I was referring too. :blush: Mind you, I must admit the restaurant's name reminds me a bit of Rockshots. :lol:

Anyone ever been to Rockshots? The Friday night charva rave 'mixed' night was a sight to behold - last time I went (about 10 years ago) some kid goes "Here mate, my Granny's just died, but it's alreet, these cowies are mint" :lol:

Anyone ever been to Rockshots? The Friday night charva rave 'mixed' night was a sight to behold - last time I went (about 10 years ago) some kid goes "Here mate, my Granny's just died, but it's alreet, these cowies are mint" :lol:

109177[/snapback]

What's a 'cowie' ?? :lol:

109177[/snapback]

What's a 'cowie' ?? :lol:

109185[/snapback]

Charva for Ecstasy.

Just go to Lau's Buffet King and be done with it!!!!!

The Tapas bar on Leazes Road round the corner from SJP, used to be Barn Again, is very good.

109219[/snapback]

:lol:

Never, ever, get an eat all you can Chinese Buffet.

The alternative you're thinking of is an excellent choice though - El Coto it's called I think.

The Tapas bar on Leazes Road round the corner from SJP, used to be Barn Again, is very good.

109219[/snapback]

The alternative you're thinking of is an excellent choice though - El Coto it's called I think.

109221[/snapback]

El Coto is the fella. Same people who've got El Torero. I marginally prefer the latter for some reason (same menu I think).

109219[/snapback]

109221[/snapback]

Why, what have you got against vats of deep fried onions and scrag ends of beef?