Light at the end of the tunnel?

Deano

Since Roeder has took charge weve all senn a vast difference in most of our players, notably in defence weve seen robbie elliott look stronger and wiser at centre half, babayaro has impressed me with his attitude and commitment on the pitch looking a far better player of late and ramage continuing to impress, so why oh why does boumsong still play with such obvious doubt in his own ability? The whole defensive line had worked hard and looked more solid but time and time again we see indevidual errors from him that cost us dearly?

I understand and agree what shay given said through the week that weve improved but still need to more solid as a side not just in defence.

Going forward we look good but why cant we keep our shape? close players down fight and hassel for 90minutes not just after weve lost a player? We showed good tenacity after boumsongs dismissal but it was to late, we were always fighting a lost battle.

Something else i dont understand is why nobby is again drifting inside and ramage overlapping when nobby is at his best hugging the touchline and whipping in balls and ramage can support attack but concentrate on his defensive duties.

We have a very good starting 11 i just think we need someone who can get the best out of them, roeder has done a good job but do we have enough to carry us through till the end of the season?

I look ahead to what i can expect next season and i do feel that well do well under a new regeme, someone who can bring a solid and attacking spirit back to st james park.

For me Stuart Pearce is my first choice, he has pasion for the club and even more evidant passion for the game and how it should be played....I know people might disagree but under him i think we could go to a 352 formation next season...

Given

Ramage...Bramble...Taylor.........3 solid centre halves

Parker.......Parker protecting back four and supportting midfield

Solano/Milner...Milner/bowyer...Emre...Nzogbia.....solid midfield four with two battling central midfielders

Owen...Dyer/Luque....Rotating strikers and shearers replacement

I think this would work and bring attacking football back to St James Park i just think it would take an appointment of the likes of a Stuart Pearce to have to passion and the balls to do so....

What do you guys think?

Pearce is no better than Roeder and has done nowt whatsoever to deserve some of the praise and hype he's generating. Typical of wor game actually, has a good run, says the right things and dances about on the touchline - thus becoming the messiah everyone wants.

Yet when he has a bad run, or says the wrong things, which he will, people will turn on him, which they will.

At the moment it's far too early to judge him either way as a manager and unfair as well. And we wonder why we don't produce good managers...

Anyway, the NUFC job requires someone with know-how, tactical acumen, experience, good man management and motivation techniques, someone with a proven track record in a wide range of skills basically.

Pearce is not that man... yet, and may never be.

Nationality or passion has feck all to do with it.

My choice:

Foreign - Hitzfeld

British - Big Sam

If not, give it to Roeder and Big Al, which would be as much a gamble as Pearce, Curbs, Jewell, O'Neill et al.

Bruce, El Tel, et al - Tyne jumping time.

Get it right Freddy!

A week or two ago I'd probably agreed with you, now however, all i'd say is that the Roeder honeymoon has now ended, we are now left with the stark facts that were there for all to see under Souness:

Boumsong - utter shit

Shearer - a shadow of his formerself, all that is left is brief cameo's of what he was once capable of

Ameobi - a championship level striker and nothing else.

Dyer - OK for 30 mins but fuck all else.

Bramble - See Boumsong.

A week or two ago I'd probably agreed with you, now however, all i'd say is that the Roeder honeymoon has now ended, we are now left with the stark facts that were there for all to see under Souness:

Boumsong - utter shit

Shearer - a shadow of his formerself, all that is left is brief cameo's of what he was once  capable of

Ameobi - a championship level striker and nothing else.

Dyer - OK for 30 mins but fuck all else.

Bramble - See Boumsong.

108209[/snapback]

You could upgrade Bramble to "shit" rather than "Utter shit". He isn't in the same league as JAB.

Pearce took over at City about a year ago, and they were just about the same position as they are now.

As for Bramble, I think he could be a semi-reliable centre-half with good coaching and somebody to shout at him all the time. You wouldn't at all feel confident seeing him on the teamsheet, alongside Mark Lawrenson's aptly named biggest joke in Premiership football.

You could upgrade Bramble to "shit" rather than "Utter shit". He isn't in the same league as JAB.

108251[/snapback]

I think that's very harsh, Bramble without the errors is an impressive defender, Boumsong without the errors just isn't a footballer.