End Of An Era

LeazesMag

ps did you get my phone calls?? ;)

109624[/snapback]

I did but I dont know how many times I have to tell you Im not that kind of bloke, Im flattered, maybe even a little curious but I dont go in for those backdoor shenanigans :lol:

No Alex I can see that, I'm also feeling too reflective myself to even think about banter answers etc etc etc..I've obviously wondered myself if something is wrong at the club because you have to. If I could think of it or thought we were badly underachieving I would want Shepherd out and wouldn't support him and the Halls.

I wanted Westwood and all his cronies out for long enough, when I was a kid I always hoped Newcastle Breweries or someone would buy out the club instead of just sponsoring it.

The only thing you can say is refer to the fact that during the last decade there have been 2 outstanding teams who won the double and robbed us of winning at least one trophy, and now there is a Russian who owns one of the most despicable bunch of turd clubs in the country operating out of everyones depth, even the gloryseekers. We proved last night we can beat them on any one day if we get our act together and get lucky, but in the forseeable future I think this is all ourselves, Liverpool, Arsenal can hope for, the league title is out of the question, there is not a chance any of us can finish above both Chelsea and Manu, if they replace Ferguson well when he goes.

The other is of course, proof that Shepherd interferes in the football management of the club. However if that happened, it would have been well known in the game and I doubt very much if even Souness would have came, never mind Gullit, Robson and whoever the next person is going to be.

With hindsight ! maybe Dalglish should have been given more time, maybe not I don't know. He shouldn't have ripped up the team so much but we all know that.

That must surely be his fault and no one elses.

Shepherds ramblings in the press don't bother me so much. In fact I couldn't care less, I mean, it would be better if he kept a lower profile but if he wants to make himself look a tit then I'm not bothered because it's irrelevant to what happens on the pitch, and I think no one else would care either if the team was winning.

I think the club now is a magnificent club, with everything in place to be successful, facilities, stadium, finance. I thought it was surprising the club didn't have a doctor though, although fuckwit appointed someone credit where its due.

No one in their right mind would turn down the chance of managing this club, unless they had a bigger job like Real, a national job or there was personal or geographic problems etc

Do you have anything else in mind ?

109559[/snapback]

That really is an excellant post, and is captures exactly how I feel. It hope it shows that even if we disagree violently it is on more day to day issues and we do indeed share much the same bigger picture. It also seems you have articulated that for more than just myself

I sometimes wonder if the horror of blowing the title caused such psychological damage and pain, it was truly the most horrible period like dying a slow tortured death, that we have never really recovered enough to be strong enough to win anything. That season truly as the best of times the worst of times-for a few months there I truly beleive we actually were the best team in the world. After the West Ham match I actually burst into tears when relaying the glory of the performance to mrs spongebob

On a less pretentious note, I have also recently begun to wonder if sacking Daglish was a terrible mistake. It hurts me to say it as I loathed him with an intensity to match anybodies hatred of Souness, I despised him, and celebrated long and hard when he left. But... Solano was as good a buy as I can think of and Saha doesnt seem to be too sloppy either ... and it does take time to build a team. So maybe a mistake in hindsight.

Thats not particularly a criticism of Shepherd, to be brutally honest I quite like the bloke :lol: If I had his money you wouldnt be able to see me for the cocaine and the prostitutes. But possibly you could argue he should have stuck by his man. I was 9 years old when we won the fairs cup and my perspective is that we are succesful now. Ive seen us lose 4 nil away at southend and exeter (retired soopafan) so seeing the stadium as it is, and being able to buy Micheal Oen makes us along way from failures in my book.

I dont think Sheperd is above criticism, but I also think he is due a lot of credit but at the very top level the margins between winning and just missing out are very small.I think maybe Shepherd is just a little too much of a fan and or a populist and this may help prevent us taking the final step.

Thanks for that lads...in view of your comments I've combined that and the earlier post into one re-hash to send to the mag for the next issue.

Spongbob...I remember all the home games in 1969 too. What really irks me is we had a platform there to build on too and they just threw it away.

McAlpine too, were supposedly to have offered to re-build the ground in addition to the East Stand in exchange for a block of seats forever and the cunts running the club turned it down.

It is possible the club didn't recover from the 1996 title run in, I'm certain Keegan didn't, with England, Fulham and Man City. We would have a totally different club now if we had held on and won that year, because I think a period of dominance would have resulted where ourselves and Man U would have run the show for a while, joined by Arsenal under Wenger.

Makes you weep.