Defence

chester mag

Last night I thought we did ok at the back considering we were up against the champions at there place and we had our so called big guns out.

ramage looked happier without Boumsong and the old legs of Elliott holding up ok.

Moore looked a better choice when he came one than Baba .

Still I look around and think how could we improve without much cost to the club

as shearers replacement will bound to swallow up a huge chunk of our cash fund.

Me I would have Mellberg and Delaney from the Villa and dangle Millner as bait.

Get them and hope to off load Boom and Babayaro.

anyone else think of a defender that we could be in with a shout of that wont smash the bank .

I think the lack of Boumsong lifted the whole back 5, remember we've still got Taylor to come back too, I really don't think there is too much work to be done once all are fit.

I think the lack of Boumsong lifted the whole back 5, remember we've still got Taylor to come back too, I really don't think there is too much work to be done once all are fit.

109823[/snapback]

I think you are kidding yourself.

Super Robbie will be released in the summer and we need a top class centre back to teach/work alongside Taylor with possibly Rambo and another centre back/Bramble in reserve.

Boumsong should be sold ASAP.

I would give boumsong a few months of next season to prove himself, because I think he was great in his first six months here and because the whole team in general, apart from given, has had a woeful season.

But we definitely have to get a quality centreback this summer, in fact I say buy the defender first and then look for shearer's replacement. Owen can do well enough on his own with shola but I shudder to think of another season with bramble and bousmong in the first team.

I would give boumsong a few months of next season to prove himself, because I think he was great in his first six months here and because the whole team in general, apart from given, has had a woeful season.

But we definitely have to get a quality centreback this summer, in fact I say buy the defender first and then look for shearer's replacement. Owen can do well enough on his own with shola but I shudder to think of another season with bramble and bousmong in the first team.

109839[/snapback]

This summer is only chance we have of getting some decent money for Boumsong.....if he has a good world cup. If not....we are screwed.

109839[/snapback]

This summer is only chance we have of getting some decent money for Boumsong.....if he has a good world cup. If not....we are screwed.

109840[/snapback]

im supporting france then :lol:

109839[/snapback]

109840[/snapback]

If hes has a good World cup you can bet ya boots we will keep him

I think fullbacks is a more pressing need than centrehalves in the transfer market now tbh. I'd accept soldiering on with Ramage and Moore, Taylor to come back and potentially Huntingdon to emerge if we get a decent pair of quality fullbacks in.

I'd be willing to persevere with Titus because he has the tools to do the job, if only he could maintain concentration. I'd loan Bumpong out to a French team and hope to pick up maybe a million or two for him.

I like the idea of getting an 'old head' in to guide the younger players, someone past their peak but with useful experience to fill a Kilkline-type role.

We've spunked more than enough money away on over-rated centrehalves over the past few years.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I'd loan Bumpong out to a French team and hope to pick up maybe a million or two for him.

109847[/snapback]

That would be a nasty loss - I think he is considered a better player in France being an international, so they'd pay more for him.