Boum may see shrink

Scottish Mag

Maybe, but it just shows we have tried this masterplan already!

110960[/snapback]

Not really, he was only signed because we were desperate and it was outside the transfer window, i.e. he was a free agent. Not defending his signing btw.

Difference between an old head coming in and saving a club from Division Two, to an old head coming in and taking a mid-table side into Europe.

110926[/snapback]

What I had in mind was someone who has played at the highest level (International and/or Champions League) recently but has now passed their peak. They would still have to have the ability do play a role for us despite their best years being behind them.

I wasn't thinking some lower division cart-horse :)

As Alex says, the principal is the same.

110931[/snapback]

Like Ronny Jonsen for example?

110958[/snapback]

Yes, but with knees :)

I haven't really though of possibles, how old is Stam now, maybe he's not that far out of our range? Or lowering the sights maybe Southgate could provide a calming influence? Or Hyppia?

Is the shrink going to teach him how to defend, head a football etc. like? FFS, more bollocks to cover the fact he's not good enough.

110836[/snapback]

Yeah, his dodgy boots reason was far better than this.

Edited by Sima

Is the shrink going to teach him how to defend, head a football etc. like? FFS, more bollocks to cover the fact he's not good enough.

110836[/snapback]

Yeah, his dodgy boots reason was far better than this.

111122[/snapback]

He should follow Paul Scholes' example. Double vision would actually make a lot of sense.

The thing is that Boumsong doesn't look like a professional footballer at the moment. Though he still looks much better than this Brazilian fella Cris who used to play for Leverkusen a couple of seasons ago where he was thrown into a dodgy struggling team.

Nowadays after a short spell back in Brazil Cris is playing for Lyon and one of the top defenders in Europe.

If I have the choice between spending a couple of thousand quids on a shrink or take a loss of several million quid by flogging a player I at least would try the former.

The thing is that Boumsong doesn't look like a professional footballer at the moment. Though he still looks much better than this Brazilian fella Cris who used to play for Leverkusen a couple of seasons ago where he was thrown into a dodgy struggling team.

Nowadays after a short spell back in Brazil Cris is playing for Lyon and one of the top defenders in Europe.

If I have the choice between spending a couple of thousand quids on a shrink or take a loss of several million quid by flogging a player I at least would try the former.

111178[/snapback]

So if we send our whole defence for a short stay in brazil they might come back as much better defenders? Thats probably cheaper then a shrink too...

111178[/snapback]

So if we send our whole defence for a short stay in brazil they might come back as much better defenders? Thats probably cheaper then a shrink too...

111188[/snapback]

We even could make money from Kieron's latest Copacabana holiday videos...

111178[/snapback]

Agreed and the defender you mention is perfect example of someone turning things around which I still feel Boumsong can do, given some support from fans, good coaching and whether he wants it badly or not.

He's not a bad player, he has no confidence, is playing in a side that just doesn't cut our crosses, has a keeper that doesn't commands the defence (as much as I'd like him to anyway) and really, not many players regardless would stand out in defence with the way we defend and lineup.

He did well enough when he first signed and whenever I've seen him for France he's looked the part, also looked good for Auxerre a few seasons ago. Fingers crossed he can turn things around because we can't afford to keep writing off huge chunks of money.

Anyway when Hitzfeld's appointed, he'll sort him out :o

The main reason I don't think he'll turn it round here is that he isn't physically strong enough for me. Can't see that changing really. I have no doubt he'd be canny back on the continent where it wouldn't be such an issue. It's worth remembering he's a handful of games away from completing his second season in British football so you'd hope he would have adapted by now.

Stephane Giuvarch played for France too btw :o