Swollen Jaw

Hatful Of Hollow

Right, yesterday I felt a slight pain on the left side of my jaw, now I woke up today to find the whole of the left side of my jaw is swollen. I was out on the lash last night, didn't get into any sorts of fisticuffs, and certainly didn't end up in any quim, so i'm baffled.

Any medical experts on here?

Sounds like it could be an abcess. My mate got one once, rang me to say his "face was a bit swollen". I went round his house later and he answered the door looking like he was storing a basketball in his cheek.

Lots of possibilities, Id go for maybe trying to impress your mates by opening a bottle of bud with your teeth (screw cap probably like I did on the bus to the liverpool game). Or, maybe a bit of kebab (read: dog flesh) lodged in your gum and infected overnight. Or, something crawled into your mouth while you slept and laid eggs.

My moneys on Abcess, you'll know soon enough when the pain kicks in.

If it feels like someone sticking a red hot poker through your chin, it's an abcess.

My moneys on Abcess, you'll know soon enough when the pain kicks in.

If it feels like someone sticking a red hot poker through your chin, it's an abcess.

117349[/snapback]

But what if someone is sticking a red hot poker through his chin and he dismisses it as an abcess? :baby:

It can affect your brain quite quickly as well...............

117372[/snapback]

Jeez just go and frighten the poor bloke why don't you, we said abcess not tumour !!!!! Although on second thoughts.......................

I decided to leave it for a bit and see if the swelling changed, I wasn't really in much pain like. The swelling has gradually went down.

When I was in Lanzarote as a bairn similar thing happened, but the swelling was much worse, turns out it was an ear infection. Ruined the last few days of the holiday like.

117372[/snapback]

Jeez just go and frighten the poor bloke why don't you, we said abcess not tumour !!!!! Although on second thoughts.......................

117374[/snapback]

peopel forget just how close their teeth are to their brain - the wife of a guy at work had real headaches, eye problems etc etc and eventually it was traced to a jaw infection

I decided to leave it for a bit and see if the swelling changed, I wasn't really in much pain like. The swelling has gradually went down.

When I was in Lanzarote as a bairn similar thing happened, but the swelling was much worse, turns out it was an ear infection. Ruined the last few days of the holiday like.

117442[/snapback]

Go and see yer dentist when you can - it may well come back and worse than ever

If it's OK you have nowt to worry about but he will be able to fix it if there IS sommat wrong

117372[/snapback]

117374[/snapback]

peopel forget just how close their teeth are to their brain - the wife of a guy at work had real headaches, eye problems etc etc and eventually it was traced to a jaw infection

117683[/snapback]

Yep, I have had to see a Neurologist recently and he thinks i am getting headaches due to a problem with my jaw.

117372[/snapback]

117374[/snapback]

117683[/snapback]

Yep, I have had to see a Neurologist recently and he thinks i am getting headaches due to a problem with my jaw.

117717[/snapback]

Slackness? :baby:

117372[/snapback]

117374[/snapback]

117683[/snapback]

117717[/snapback]

Slackness? ;)

117767[/snapback]

:baby:

I was expecting a gay joke but that one was better :blush: