Maradona on Rooney

snakehips

Taken from the BBC *spits*. Maradona has been interviewed by jug-ears Lineker:

He said: "I have seen Rooney and I like him. He has got character, he has got strength and he sticks out his backside." ;):blush:

I'm looking forward to this programme tonight actually.

130379[/snapback]

Not for me. I cannot stand woodentop Lineker.

Yet another cheap programme by the BBC *spits* and yet another jolly for Lineker.

It wasn't a disagreement, he (intentionally or otherwise) misunderstood what I said. As for pomposity, you're the doctor in training, so I'll defer to you as the expert on that one. ;)

It wasn't a disagreement, he (intentionally or otherwise) misunderstood what I said.  As for pomposity, you're the doctor in training, so I'll defer to you as the expert on that one. ;)

130411[/snapback]

Nah, it was you watching Joe Cole and starting to make free associations to Maradona by a single action. Get your head sorted, dimwit. :blush:

It wasn't a disagreement, he (intentionally or otherwise) misunderstood what I said.  As for pomposity, you're the doctor in training, so I'll defer to you as the expert on that one. ;)

130411[/snapback]

Nah, it was you watching Joe Cole and starting to make free associations to Maradona by a single action. Get your head sorted, dimwit. :blush:

130437[/snapback]

Associations of a similarity in appearance at that precise moment, that the BBC reporter made on 5 Live too. Knerbheed. :blush:

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

To be fair, the skill was rather "Maradona-like".

He's still no Darren Ambrose like.

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

Associations of a similarity in appearance at that precise moment, that the BBC reporter made on 5 Live too. Knerbheed. :blush:

130440[/snapback]

That doesn't mean you're right though. You could both be wrong!

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

130440[/snapback]

130452[/snapback]

As I said in the other thread. Next time Crouch stops a ball without falling over the plonkers will have seen "flashes of Pele"...

Edited by Isegrim

I actually saw the Jur Cuurl goal recently on SSN and have to admit, Gemmil was right, he did look like Maradonna for those few moments! ;)

Not so sure we'll see Crouch looking like Pele though, unless he's going to do an advert for impotence sufferers???

Didn't hear such platitudes for Zog following his goal at shitsville. ;)

If it had been Jur Cuurl that had scored it........??

130459[/snapback]

It was the Sunderland defence he waltzed through tbh.

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

130440[/snapback]

130452[/snapback]

As I said in the other thread. Next time Crouch stops a ball without falling over the plonkers will have seen "flashes of Pele"...

130456[/snapback]

Aye, you were wrong in the other thread too though, so I wouldn't go repeating it....

That's me, Papa Laz, Shearergol and the bloke off Radio 5 that think there were shades of Maradona about the incident. Up against a dorty Jorman who's just trying to pointscore and a smelly student who's doing the same - neither of them have actually commented on whether they agree or disagree with the observation. No contest tbh. :o

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

130440[/snapback]

130452[/snapback]

130456[/snapback]

Aye, you were wrong in the other thread too though, so I wouldn't go repeating it....

That's me, Papa Laz, Shearergol and the bloke off Radio 5 that think there were shades of Maradona about the incident. Up against a dorty Jorman who's just trying to pointscore and a smelly student who's doing the same - neither of them have actually commented on whether they agree or disagree with the observation. No contest tbh. :o

130474[/snapback]

To me it just looked like an attacking midfielder who slipped through three defenders neatly and scored a good goal. Something I see from time to times in football matches I watch. But the name of a true football great wasn't immidiately popping into my head.

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

130440[/snapback]

130452[/snapback]

130456[/snapback]

130474[/snapback]

To me it just looked like an attacking midfielder who slipped through three defenders neatly and scored a good goal. Something I see from time to times in football matches I watch. But the name of a true football great wasn't immidiately popping into my head.

130479[/snapback]

I'm afraid that has to go down as a failure on your part.

130411[/snapback]

130437[/snapback]

130440[/snapback]

130452[/snapback]

130456[/snapback]

130474[/snapback]

130479[/snapback]

I'm afraid that has to go down as a failure on your part.

130480[/snapback]

Or immunity against World Cupitis...

Speaking of Worldcupitis, when do we start calling Isegrim "Fritz" and making pointed references to the war? ;)

130488[/snapback]

I can't say when you will start, but you'll probably stop after going out in the second round on penalties... :blush:

Speaking of Worldcupitis, when do we start calling Isegrim "Fritz" and making pointed references to the war? ;)

130488[/snapback]

I can't say when you will start, but you'll probably stop after going out in the second round on penalties... :blush:

130492[/snapback]

Haway lads, are we gonna let the filthy bosh talk about us like that?? Churchill would be turning in his grave, etc. etc.

:blush: