Dean Ashton

LeazesMag

but if he had been playing in our team instead of blackburns chances are he wouldnt have scored 13 goals. anyhoo, they only finished 1 place above us so he hardly turned them in to a force to be reckoned with!

136078[/snapback]

Thats one hell of a crystal ball you've got there !

Where exactly do you think Blackburn would have finished without Bellamy in their team ??

Who else in the Blackburn squad is capable of scoring 13 premiership goals ??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would have added that extra pace we lacked up front all season.

He would have ran into positions that Ameobi and Shearer can't, thus bringing the best out of the likes of Solano and Emre who would then have the option to play a more passing game on the deck and show use their passing ability with through balls created from the runs of Bellamy.

He wouldn't have caused the team to defend from the front.  Thus helping the defence, some may disagree but anyone who was at St James Park through the years Bellamy was playing up top could not argue that we defended better as a team when he was playing.  Bellamys constant closing down of centre halfs and the opposition gave a greater urgency throughout the whole team.  Whilst Shearer and Ameobi stand off and invite teams onto us, Bellamy would chase everything which resulted in our midfield following suit and pushing on, creating a greater urgency and all round better play.

:D This is bellamy we are talking about? take of your rose tinted spectacles my friend and remember that although he was a fast runner he couldnt hit a barn door 9 times out of 10!

I dont care how fast he can run, he wouldnt have made our defending any better this season, the two are mutually exclusive. Every free kick and corner in our half and he was stood on the half way line waiting for the ball!

He would have ran into positions that Ameobi and Shearer can't, thus bringing the best out of the likes of Solano and Emre who would then have the option to play a more passing game on the deck and show use their passing ability with through balls created from the runs of Bellamy.

He wouldn't have caused the team to defend from the front.  Thus helping the defence, some may disagree but anyone who was at St James Park through the years Bellamy was playing up top could not argue that we defended better as a team when he was playing.  Bellamys constant closing down of centre halfs and the opposition gave a greater urgency throughout the whole team.  Whilst Shearer and Ameobi stand off and invite teams onto us, Bellamy would chase everything which resulted in our midfield following suit and pushing on, creating a greater urgency and all round better play.

:D This is bellamy we are talking about? take of your rose tinted spectacles my friend and remember that although he was a fast runner he couldnt hit a barn door 9 times out of 10!

I dont care how fast he can run, he wouldnt have made our defending any better this season, the two are mutually exclusive. Every free kick and corner in our half and he was stood on the half way line waiting for the ball!

136081[/snapback]

:D

Read the post you are spouting out stuff about hitting barn doors and I never even mentioned the scoring of goals in any of my points.

Jesus fucking wept... :icon_lol:

I think if bellamy stayed we'd probably still have Souness here, and have finished several places lower in the league then we have. Souness falling out with bellamy in effect sign his own death warrent as we have lacked alot upfront this season, mostly due to owen being crocked. But given the choice of bellamy and souness or neither of them. I'd take neither.

Forget the rose-tinted specs Jonny, I'd get yourself booked down the opticians if I were you for some prescription glasses.

As widely documented as it is, I can't stand Bellamy the person and that pre-dates the whole Souness era. But to say he can't hit the target and all he can do is run is frankly ridiculous. Do yourself a favour and get some videos of Blackburn's performances this season - particularly Pompey away....

136081[/snapback]

Read the post you are spouting out stuff about hitting barn doors and I never even mentioned the scoring of goals in any of my points.

136082[/snapback]

no you are talking about 'if we still had bellamy wed have defended better' :icon_lol:

jesus fucking wepter tbh

Forget the rose-tinted specs Jonny, I'd get yourself booked down the opticians if I were you for some prescription glasses.

As widely documented as it is, I can't stand Bellamy the person and that pre-dates the whole Souness era. But to say he can't hit the target and all he can do is run is frankly ridiculous. Do yourself a favour and get some videos of Blackburn's performances this season - particularly Pompey away....

136084[/snapback]

exactly. 1 good game, scored a good goal. He did it for us a few times as well. If hes so class how come he went to blackburn for peanuts!? Surely a decent club would have ripped our hands off, or maybe they realised he thinks hes a lot better than he really is. He had his best season ever and scored 13 goals, hardly record breaking stuff.

People on here talk about him like hes friggin pele and hes the only reason we didnt finish in the top 4. get a grip.

If hed been here we wouldnt have finished any higher and hed still be a little cunt.

hes not coming back, ever!

So the statement:

The board, the players, most fans and most likely the manager hate him with a passion. he wouldnt be safe to walk the streets on a night in the north east.

Is one of the biggest loads of shite i've heard on here and thats saying something!

:D hardly

Lineker, Hansen and Wright were openly taking the piss out of him on the BBC, now thats saying something!

Its funny how most players hang around with other players

Dyer, Bramble, Jenas

Shearer, Speed, Lee etc.

Bellamy had no mates at the club if the rumours are true. He attacked the first team coach, racially abused a bouncer, admitted to lying about his fitness cos he didnt want to play where he was told and then slated the club captain and manager as/when/during his leaving.

If you honestly believe that Freddy would let Roeder bring him back you must be smoking something, cos THAT is the biggest load of shite ive ever heard on here!!

I cant believe people actually think our shit season would have been any different with bellamy playing for us. We might have had a few more goals but it wouldnt have stopped our woeful displays and our kamikaze defending that kept us in the bottom half of the table for most of the season!

136071[/snapback]

ANY relevant points you made at the start of that completely went up in smoke with that utter shite at the end

Edited by LeazesMag

136081[/snapback]

136082[/snapback]

no you are talking about 'if we still had bellamy wed have defended better' :icon_lol:

jesus fucking wepter tbh

136085[/snapback]

Aye, I believe most people who went to the matches and watched the team for a full 90 minutes would see that by chasing down defenders and defending from the front created a far better defensive unit throughout the whole team than that of when strikers held off and invited teams onto us, eventually leaving Speed running around like a blue arsed fly trying to help the defence.

This was a strength of Bellamy that helped the overall team and at one point was one of his biggest contributions, as for me until his last 6 months at Newcastle, his time at Celtic and this season he wasn't for a great "finisher" at all.

You speak of rose tinted glasses like I am someone who has been a Bellamy supporter but you will fail to find any posts through Bellamygate where I was. I was merely responding to your point by bringing up one of Bellamys better strengths in my opinion, one which I believe was clearly evident to see at St James park over 90 mins.

Guest alex
Shame we didn't get him a year or two ago.

He played with Chopra for the England youth teams.

Owen, Bellamy and Ashton would be a canny 3 forwards at the club.

135675[/snapback]

Hindsight.

from skysports:

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes is more than confident that Craig Bellamy will still be at Ewood Park next season.

The pacey Welshman has in many ways been the catalyst for Rovers' upturn in fortunes, enjoying a fine campaign in helping Mark Hughes's side claim a Uefa Cup place.

Such form has not gone unnoticed elsewhere, with Liverpool and Tottenham believed to be considering summer raids on their Premiership counterparts.

It is Hughes, though, that has repeatedly got the best out of the talented-but-temperamental striker and he predicts that their relationship will continue to flourish for the foreseeable future.

Hughes, who has done a monumental job since replacing Graeme Souness at the helm, believes Blackburn are not now a selling club given their recent progress.

''I am as confident as I can be about any player,'' Hughes told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

''We want to keep our best players, we're not in the business of selling them.

''We're a top-six side and we're looking to kick on, and you don't do that by selling your best players.

''I'm more than confident Craig will be here next season.''

Shame we didn't get him a year or two ago.

He played with Chopra for the England youth teams.

Owen, Bellamy and Ashton would be a canny 3 forwards at the club.

135675[/snapback]

Hindsight.

136145[/snapback]

What, that Bellamy was a top player ?

the point is he had his best season AT A DIFFERENT CLUB. With different players, different manager, different tactics. Had he still been playing for us hed still be getting in bother and struggling to get into double figures as usual.

the point is he had his best season AT A DIFFERENT CLUB. With different players, different manager, different tactics. Had he still been playing for us hed still be getting in bother and struggling to get into double figures as usual.

136431[/snapback]

Older, more experienced.

Improved due to having a desire to improve.

Injury free for the most part.

Playing more of a responsible role rather than so much a support striker for someone else.

Make any sense ?

Yes, but you dont seem to be grasping my point. Had he still been here none of the above would have been true.

All of those happened BECAUSE he left. because he went to a different club, with different players, coaches, manager, tactics etc. etc.

If we brought him back like everyone keeps banging on about wed all be back to square one, us and him.

Its not gona happen, which is my point!

There are two attacking elements for which there is no substitute- pace and natural width. This season we've lacked pace up front with Shearer at 35 and Ameobi looking like he's around the same age. When Roeder brought back Zog and Nobby it gave our team a shape again- but we still lacked that bit of zip- which is why we've relied so heavily on young Charlie.

Bellamy had his faults but he had more of an impact on the side than any other player.

The past is the past but we desperately need to sort of striker who can work the channels, chase clearances and should the opposition dare to play a high line, sit on the shoulder of the last defender and look for the ball in behind. If you don't think we've missed that, I'm at a loss.

Yes, but you dont seem to be grasping my point. Had he still been here none of the above would have been true.

All of those happened BECAUSE he left. because he went to a different club, with different players, coaches, manager, tactics etc. etc.

If we brought him back like everyone keeps banging on about wed all be back to square one, us and him.

Its not gona happen, which is my point!

136438[/snapback]

Back to square 1, as in the CL you mean ?

There are two attacking elements for which there is no substitute- pace and natural width. This season we've lacked pace up front with Shearer at 35 and Ameobi looking like he's around the same age. When Roeder brought back Zog and Nobby it gave our team a shape again- but we still lacked that bit of zip- which is why we've relied so heavily on young Charlie.

Bellamy had his faults but he had more of an impact on the side than any other player.

The past is the past but we desperately need to sort of striker who can work the channels, chase clearances and should the opposition dare to play a high line, sit on the shoulder of the last defender and look for the ball in behind. If you don't think we've missed that, I'm at a loss.

136442[/snapback]

Correct mate, this business about our defence as j69 said earlier, well the first art of defending is to be offensive and keep the ball yourself, by virtue of having outlets of your own. Invite pressure and your defence is struggling. Seems like he doesn't understand this. People like Craig Bellamy transform defence into attack in an instant. He needs 2 men to mark him so the opponents find it more difficult to put pressure on you when they attempt to.

136442[/snapback]

Correct mate, this business about our defence as j69 said earlier, well the first art of defending is to be offensive and keep the ball yourself, by virtue of having outlets of your own. Invite pressure and your defence is struggling. Seems like he doesn't understand this. People like Craig Bellamy transform defence into attack in an instant. He needs 2 men to mark him so the opponents find it more difficult to put pressure on you when they attempt to.

136445[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, Ian Rush was a prime example of defending from the front.... not when he was with us like :D

136445[/snapback]

Now given that a Bellamy return is the most remote of possibilities, who are the strikers with those attributes who would be available in the summer?

136445[/snapback]

Now given that a Bellamy return is the most remote of possibilities, who are the strikers with those attributes who would be available in the summer?

136448[/snapback]

David Suazo, striker playing for Cagliari in Serie A, very much in the Bellamy mould, has scored 14 in Italy this season.

136445[/snapback]

136448[/snapback]

A mobile player or an outlet player, because Owen, is primarily a penatly box player.

Names ? No idea, I suppose there are plenty around, but who is available, how much can we go to, and are they good enough, although we aren't in a good position to be too choosy, we HAVE to get someone.

Suazo's record this season-

31 Toni L. (31 Fiorentina, 2 rig.)

23 Trezeguet D. (23 Juventus)

22 Suazo D. (22 Cagliari, 5 rig.)

19 Lucarelli C. (19 Livorno, 4 rig.) , Shevchenko A. (19 Milan, 5 rig.) , Tavano F. (19 Empoli, 4 rig.)

17 Gilardino A. (17 Milan, 1 rig.)

16 Rocchi T. (16 Lazio)

Suazo's record this season-

31  Toni L. (31 Fiorentina, 2 rig.)

23  Trezeguet D. (23 Juventus)

22  Suazo D. (22 Cagliari, 5 rig.)

19  Lucarelli C. (19 Livorno, 4 rig.) , Shevchenko A. (19 Milan, 5 rig.) , Tavano F. (19 Empoli, 4 rig.)

17  Gilardino A. (17 Milan, 1 rig.)

16  Rocchi T. (16 Lazio)

136457[/snapback]

Juventus are sniffing round him at the moment, but they have more things to worry about than transfers at the moment.