Creecket!

Guest alex

Guest alex
I agree that Ch5s highlights are better than C4s (less pretentious slow motion music montages for one). But I loved C4s live cricket, was really entertaining to watch.

And I remember the incident you're talking about luke, it was in the England v Zimbabwe series a few years back. They went to Hollyoaks instead of showing the last 10 minutes.

141168[/snapback]

Which is unforgivable!

141170[/snapback]

:( How shit is Hollyoaks man. Renton's favourite show btw :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember them doing it too often, but all the times they went to racing on a Sunday afternoon instead of cricket used to well annoy me. Enough to make you want to get FilmFour.

141175[/snapback]

I knew there was something i was forgetting that really pissed me off and that was it!

Cutting from the cricket to watch a bunch of horses run in a straight line or maybe a circle was a disgrace, made worse by them cutting away to watch all the pre-amble before and crap after the race as well. And not even for major horse racing calendar events, just any old shite.

Horse racing is predominantly for gambling and people coudl watch it at the bookies if needs be or listen for the result on the radio, but the test is a one of live event which they should stick with.

Oh yeah, the bloody horse racing. If I could wipe one sport of the face of the earth, it would be horse racing.

That said, people say that about cricket, so you can understand TV channels' relcutance to devote all their airtime to it. Sky is really the best place for cricket, it's just a shame we can't all watch it!

Do you think if they had it now they'd cut away every so often to "deal or no deal"!!!

Speaking of that there is a toon fan on it today so i bet even without looking there will be a thread on the smb gagging for him to lose all his money and the like!

Speaking of horse racing - anyone see the story about that horse that bust its leg in America last week? It was one of the favourites for some horse race coming up. Anyway, the coverage it received was unbelievable. It was the lead news story on most news bulletins, and they had interviews with the surgeon that operated on the horse, pictures of the x-rays, and diagrams showing how the injury came about, and all sorts. They cut to breaking news once to announce that surgery was over and that it was actually standing up. This was major national news for the last 3 days I was there. :(

Almost as bad as us with Rooney's foot tbh. :(

Speaking of horse racing - anyone see the story about that horse that bust its leg in America last week?  It was one of the favourites for some horse race coming up.  Anyway, the coverage it received was unbelievable.  It was the lead news story on most news bulletins, and they had interviews with the surgeon that operated on the horse, pictures of the x-rays, and diagrams showing how the injury came about, and all sorts.  They cut to breaking news once to announce that surgery was over and that it was actually standing up.  This was major national news for the last 3 days I was there. :(

Almost as bad as us with Rooney's foot tbh. :(

141396[/snapback]

The horse would have a better comprehension of the surgery involved though and probably give a better interview about it. Jesus wept.

Guest alex

Re: The cricket on 4, you didn't need Film Four, you just needed cable/sky then had to go to the Film Four channel.

Re: The horse, I think it was going for the 'Triple Crown' after winning the Kentucky Derby, hence the coverage.

Re: The cricket on 4, you didn't need Film Four, you just needed cable/sky then had to go to the Film Four channel.

Re: The horse, I think it was going for the 'Triple Crown' after winning the Kentucky Derby, hence the coverage.

141423[/snapback]

You're right mate, that and it's race is one of only a handful to be shown on network tv in America got it in the headlines.

Totally agree about how infuriating it was flitting between cricket and racing on 4 too, and I like both. Should have been just concentrating on one or the other.

Wish I'd put more than £20 on at evens now.

141764[/snapback]

Could still depend on the weather and England holding their catches second time they attempt to bowl them out!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Guest alex

141764[/snapback]

Could still depend on the weather and England holding their catches second time they attempt to bowl them out!

141766[/snapback]

Want a bet? :(

141764[/snapback]

141766[/snapback]

Want a bet? :(

141770[/snapback]

:(

I fancy them to win this one tbh, as long as the weather gives them a fair shot at it! That spell of dropping last test was as bad as we've had in a long time and not the norm to be fair!

God, I'm bored out of my mind today. If only C4 still had the coverage! I wouldn't be watching fucking horse racing on the Beeb.

142090[/snapback]

You still wouldn't be watching any Cricket :nufc:

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the "highlights" of the final days play at Trent Bridge and you have to ask the obvious question.

Would any country in cricket other than England have done what we did. They knew Sri Lanka are bordering on being a 1 man team with Murilitheran, so why on earth would you play at Trent Bridge to suit him.

Everyone else would have chosen the 3 grounds that were going to turn the least and would favour our pace and swing bolwers, whereas on a turning wicket against Muri we were never going to chase down a big 4th innings total!