Argentina v Serbia & Montenegro

Hatful Of Hollow

All the goals were the result of quick, short passing  (apart from Maxi's 2nd mebbes), rather than 60 yard hoofs.

149721[/snapback]

Without Messi we could probably beat them. But with Messi and Tevez its ganna be tough like.

Serbs are cack though tbh. Not a result to go by.

149722[/snapback]

They won their qualifying group (which included Spain) and only conceded one goal, so it was some result today.

149729[/snapback]

Don't interrupt like that when I'm getting in my stride. ;)

I could take the Argies apart if you like.....They've got loads of problems and Spain are cack as well.

They won their qualifying group (which included Spain) and only conceded one goal, so it was some result today.

149729[/snapback]

And gave a very strong Holland a game last week. I have to say if you swapped England and Argentina, England would be going home. It's a shame, world class players, victims of some of the worst management I've ever seen.

Fantastic performance by Argentina, look like winners to me, assuming they haven't peaked too early.

149729[/snapback]

And gave a very strong Holland a game last week. I have to say if you swapped England and Argentina, England would be going home. It's a shame, world class players, victims of some of the worst management I've ever seen.

Fantastic performance by Argentina, look like winners to me, assuming they haven't peaked too early.

149736[/snapback]

It's like this every WC the first goodish side to score a few suddenly becomes favourite there is a long long way to go yet.

This (Messi aside) is the side we beat very recently and they were trying they hate losing against us.

Holland are a good side but have next to no defence and a misfiring midfield, love the way they play, but I can't see them getting to the final.

All the goals were the result of quick, short passing  (apart from Maxi's 2nd mebbes), rather than 60 yard hoofs.

149721[/snapback]

Without Messi we could probably beat them. But with Messi and Tevez its ganna be tough like.

149722[/snapback]

Without their subs?

149721[/snapback]

149722[/snapback]

Without their subs?

149741[/snapback]

They aren't the subs. Messi didn't start cause he's coming back from injury and Tevez has a problem with Crespo.

Messi and Tevez are light years ahead of Maxi and Saviola.

149721[/snapback]

149722[/snapback]

Without their subs?

149741[/snapback]

They aren't the subs. Messi didn't start cause he's coming back from injury and Tevez has a problem with Crespo.

149743[/snapback]

With the Argies the defence doesn't 're-group' very well and there are question marks against Burdisso. Soldo is nearly always forward and a little slow coming back which can be exploited by a Lennon type (if the bugger could cross).

The oft repeated pattern of Riquelme drifting in from the left looking for the second phase pass is soemthing the 'big' sides with deal with...And Ricky is quite lazy at times.

A lot of their fluidity comes from Crespo's availability and late running....Tevez Messi and Crispy together firing on all cylinders is a big package to deal with...Bu it can be. I am hoping this WC is a little too early for Tevez, but the next WC they will have Aguerro who is every bit as good as Messi.

You can take a bet now that Arg will win the next WC.

It's like this every WC the first goodish side to score a few suddenly becomes favourite there is a long long way to go yet.

This (Messi aside) is the side we beat very recently and they were trying they hate losing against us.

Holland are a good side but have next to no defence and a misfiring midfield, love the way they play, but I can't see them getting to the final.

149740[/snapback]

Have you watched them play?

You seem to be applying different logic for England than for the rest. I agree what you say is possible, just not the most likely scenario or very rational.

149721[/snapback]

149722[/snapback]

Without their subs?

149741[/snapback]

149743[/snapback]

With the Argies the defence doesn't 're-group' very well and there are question marks against Burdisso. Soldo is nearly always forward and a little slow coming back which can be exploited by a Lennon type (if the bugger could cross).

The oft repeated pattern of Riquelme drifting in from the left looking for the second phase pass is soemthing the 'big' sides with deal with...And Ricky is quite lazy at times.

A lot of their fluidity comes from Crespo's availability and late running....Tevez Messi and Crispy together firing on all cylinders is a big package to deal with...Bu it can be. I am hoping this WC is a little too early for Tevez, but the next WC they will have Aguerro who is every bit as good as Messi.

You can take a bet now that Arg will win the next WC.

149752[/snapback]

Crespo's got the best timed run in football I think. Almost never see him given off-side and even when you do the decision is mainly wrong. Ditto his dis-allowed goal against S&M.

Wouldnt premise the Argies fluid movement on Crespo's running though. The S&M game was all about the short passing and they were doing it all over the pitch. They were fucking awesome tbh.

I think they could and should beat any team in that form (and will absolutely rinse some of them).