The Kids

The Fish

• 1 month later...

Watched the second half of the U23 game against Norwich last night.  That Fernandez looks a canny prospect.  He needs to learn when to release the ball a bit quicker but he looks like he can beat his man at will.

Woodman should have stopped their first goal though.

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Watched the second half of the U23 game against Norwich last night.  That Fernandez looks a canny prospect.  He needs to learn when to release the ball a bit quicker but he looks like he can beat his man at will.

Woodman should have stopped their first goal though.

I watched the first half.

Aarons was poor, kept running into his man. Shelvey was taking the mick, but the players getting onto his Hollywood balls weren't able to deliver a decent final ball and the targets of those balls weren't making the right runs. 

Those criticisms aside, the team in the first half played similarly to the first team, putting lots of pressure on the ball and looking to break quickly.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I watched the first half.

Aarons was poor, kept running into his man. Shelvey was taking the mick, but the players getting onto his Hollywood balls weren't able to deliver a decent final ball and the targets of those balls weren't making the right runs. 

Those criticisms aside, the team in the first half played similarly to the first team, putting lots of pressure on the ball and looking to break quickly.

I thin the second half was a bit different.  They pressed us a lot more and deserved to get back into the game (although the penalty was one of the weakest I've ever seen).  Sounds like Shelvey was the same in both halves.  Fernandez (who I think must have come on for Aarons) and Roberts looked comfortably the best players although Barlaser and Smith had some decent moments.  The defence looked shaky though.

Where have you two watched the full game (between you ;) )?   I can only find extended highlights on the official site.

Edited by adios

15 minutes ago, adios said:

Where have you two watched the full game (between you ;) )?   I can only find extended highlights on the official site.

They were showing it live on the official site.  Not sure if they're planning on doing this regularly or not.

Good to know; cheers.

I'm guessing they don't have rights to show the full thing after the fact?  I'll hang on another day or two and see if they upload it.

There was no replays during the game but that's probably more to do with them not having the technical facilities to do it mid game.  I can't imagine there's much problem with rights, I'm sure the likes of MUTV and Chelsea TV show games and replays of reserve games.