Dyer

Guest alex

Rumours are rumours I suppose, but it didn't surprise me in the slightest tbh. I reckon there's a canny percentage of PL boys doing it, it is the past time of the rich and stupid.

159234[/snapback]

edited for truth

159236[/snapback]

Are you saying you have to be stupid to do coke? :(

Freud's spinning in his grave tbh.

No im saying that for a professional footballer, priviliged enough to be a millionaire many times over and a role model to kids, you must be a fucking retard to risk throwing it away to shovel a bit of powder up your nose.

You wont be wanting woodgate back either then?

159227[/snapback]

I'd have Woodgate back on a pay-as-you-play deal, for the outgoing Boumsong. On the basis that even if he never played he'd have done some good. And ten games a season from the most gifted defender I've ever seen would be all right.

I've a strange feeling he might make a good coach, too, but where the fuck I've got that bizarre notion from I've no idea.

159242[/snapback]

But its no different to dyer. He been crocked for years, has cost 3 clubs millions in wages whilst out injured and he spends more time getting pissed and high than he does on the training pitch.

No im saying that for a professional footballer, priviliged enough to be a millionaire many times over and a role model to kids, you must be a fucking retard to risk throwing it away to shovel a bit of powder up your nose.

159247[/snapback]

I'll buy that, but if they're all at it, there must be relatively little chance of getting caught.

Exactly, but people have been murmuring int he background about that for years! Football in this country is a ridiculously profitable sport, 100times more money circulates in the game than professional athletics. Yet athletes get randomly tested all year round and if they are found to have even sniffed the wrong brand of vicks they are stripped of their medals and banned!

The whole Rio saga demonstrated how corrupt our game is. He was guilty as sin, the england team threatened to boycott its game cos the fa dared to investigate rio after conveniently forgetting to take a test.

I think im right in saying that at the minute the FA has to give advanced warning to clubs that they are coming in to carry out tests. Couple this with the fact that coke leaves your system in 24 hours and you can begin to see how daft the whole setup is.

I wouldnt be surprised if anywhere up to 40 or 50% of players at some clubs use drugs on a regular basis and get away with it.

Does it matter, though? It's not performance enhancing, so I think labelling it corruption is a bit harsh.

If Dyer's suffering the kind of muscle injuries he is, and is still doing it, then he's taking the piss (same goes for Woodgate). But Nobby's injury record is ok, so I wouldn't be that bothered by him doing it.

EDIT: I would feel the same about those two overdoing the alcohol, as well.

Edited by DotBum

neither are a lot of the substances that athletes get banned for. Its illegal which is bad enough. Nurses, firemen, policemen. Most would get sacked if found to be snorting coke or not fulfilling their duties as a result.

Why is it different for footballers? cos they are rich?

neither are a lot of the substances that athletes get banned for. Its illegal which is bad enough. Nurses, firemen, policemen. Most would get sacked if found to be snorting coke or not fulfilling their duties as a result.

159273[/snapback]

I'm guessing they're not snorting in the physio room, like. Hate to break it to you, but I'd say a majority (or a very sizeable minority) of your working population are up to something that would get them the sack if their employers knew about it.

159273[/snapback]

I'm guessing they're not snorting in the physio room, like. Hate to break it to you, but I'd say a majority (or a very sizeable minority) of your working population are up to something that would get them the sack if their employers knew about it.

159311[/snapback]

Yup. You're a nurse J69, you must have seen a few nurses off their tits outside of shifts?

Yup. You're a nurse J69, you must have seen a few nurses off their tits outside of shifts?

159314[/snapback]

Some of the worst offenders, in my experience; and I thank the sweet baby Jesus every day. :(

Yep and if they ever got caught they would never be allowed back in the profession again

159369[/snapback]

So anyone who does drugs recreationally should what, be put on welfare so that the other half of the country can pay for their habit?

According to you thats exactly what we should do with Dyer!?

159399[/snapback]

"If Dyer's suffering the kind of muscle injuries he is, and is still doing it, then he's taking the piss (same goes for Woodgate). But Nobby's injury record is ok, so I wouldn't be that bothered by him doing it."

If an employee does something that is directly and obviously affecting their work, I would think it's their employer's business. You seem to be suggesting that anyone who does drugs should be laid off, or am I reading that wrong?

According to you thats exactly what we should do with Dyer!?

159399[/snapback]

"If Dyer's suffering the kind of muscle injuries he is, and is still doing it, then he's taking the piss (same goes for Woodgate). But Nobby's injury record is ok, so I wouldn't be that bothered by him doing it."

If an employee does something that is directly and obviously affecting their work, I would think it's their employer's business. You seem to be suggesting that anyone who does drugs should be laid off, or am I reading that wrong?

159403[/snapback]

Yep and if they ever got caught they would never be allowed back in the profession again

yep, definately reading it wrong. Its a statement of fact. If a nurse got caught snorting coke they would be sacked. I never said everyone whoever did drugs ever should be sacked. Just ridiculously paid footballers!

yep, definately reading it wrong. Its a statement of fact. If a nurse got caught snorting coke they would be sacked. I never said everyone whoever did drugs ever should be sacked. Just ridiculously paid footballers!

159412[/snapback]

Yeah, I was reading the two in tandem. If a player's ability is not being affected, why should he be sacked? If the rumour about Nobby were true, would you get rid?

159369[/snapback]

So anyone who does drugs recreationally should what, be put on welfare so that the other half of the country can pay for their habit?

159373[/snapback]

woo hoo!! let the good times roll