Day out doon Sooth Shields..

Radgina

Does anyone think it's ironic that Gateshead has spent a fortune on some top attractions like the Baltic and the Sage, but presumably Newcastle reap the benefits through hotels, restaurants etc?

I suppose they have the Metro centre though, a major contriburary factor to the demise of the town centre and Sunderland.

162529[/snapback]

An irony not lost on the people of Gateshead I would guess. All the developments and the bridge have done is make the other side of the Quayside look a bit nicer and added a couple of tourist traps to it. All people are going to do is look at the/visit them then go back to Newcastle. SLP would tell you more but I believe he said the City of Culture bid failed (at least partly) due to too much money going in to these flagship projects and not enough going to community projects.

Coming back on the Metro from Shields just before and there was a group of about 7 thick-as-fuck charvas got on at Pelaw and started creating havoc. They'd shout random insults towards other passengers then fall about laughing at themselves. One of them had some random freestyling shit on his mobile which he played at full blast which they all tried to 'sing along' with (piss funny as they were so bad) Anyway they were just generally acting like wankers and pissing everyone off. The Metro gets to Gateshead and they all get up and head for the door shouting "Goodbye" and giving one-fingered salutes to everyone. The Metro doors open and right at the door where they got off there were 2 coppers stood there. One of them just said "Step this way please lads!" The looks on their faces were hilarious ;) Fuck knows how they knew which doors they'd be at! :lol:

Oh and for the record, the pedestrianised shopping bit at South Shields looks like it's had a clean-up job. It didn't look nearly as bad as I remember it although it may just have been that it was sunny today..... :lol:

Coming back on the Metro from Shields just before and there was a group of about 7 thick-as-fuck charvas got on at Pelaw and started creating havoc.  They'd shout random insults towards other passengers then fall about laughing at themselves.  One of them had some random freestyling shit on his mobile which he played at full blast which they all tried to 'sing along' with (piss funny as they were so bad) Anyway they were just generally acting like wankers and pissing everyone off.  The Metro gets to Gateshead and they all get up and head for the door shouting "Goodbye" and giving one-fingered salutes to everyone.  The Metro doors open and right at the door where they got off there were 2 coppers stood there.  One of them just said "Step this way please lads!" The looks on their faces were hilarious  :finger:Fuck knows how they knew which doors they'd be at!  ;)

162833[/snapback]

:lol: They have Spy-Tech, they know! :finger:

Oh and for the record, the pedestrianised shopping bit at South Shields looks like it's had a clean-up job.  It didn't look nearly as bad as I remember it although it may just have been that it was sunny today.....  :lol:

162837[/snapback]

Alan Partridge: Do you mind if I talk? It helps me keep the wolf from the door, so to speak.

[pause]

Alan Partridge: Cath, what do you think of the pedestrianization of South Shields centre? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it. I mean, people forget that traders need access to

[aroused]

Alan Partridge: DI-XONS! They do say it'll help people in

[aroused]

Alan Partridge: WHEEEEELCHAIRS!

Back already....watched the power boats and a stunt plane...had a Minchellas....wandered into Bents park to find a good vantage point for the musical extravaganza and was literally baked alive for half an hour... ;) too hot for a wus like me so back home in the shade with a nice cold can... :lol: ( by the way King Street was especially clean today...they must have been reading the comments !! )