Butlins

bobbyshinton

Never been to Butlins but im pretty sure im not missing anything! In fact i'd hate it!!  <_<

179496[/snapback]

Unless you get over your wimpy fear of flying then Butlins is gonna be the best you can hope for. <_<

179504[/snapback]

surely it's a fear of crashing that all these people have, not flying?? :nufc:

Y'know, hurtling through the air toward the ground; getting thrown about all over the cabin; all the mindless screaming; pieces of aircraft being torn off bit by bit. That sort of thing? <_<

179509[/snapback]

<_<

I do have a fear of flying not just crashing. Im scared of heights and enclosed spaces....in fact yes!! That was me on that flight yesterday <_<<_<

179524[/snapback]

One of Ian Mcewan's recent books perfectly sums up what it's probably like to be on a plane that's going to crash. He describes the growing smell of shit filling the air.

179531[/snapback]

Was it Saturday? Any good?

You do realise that Rob's gonna be all over your arse now with articles from Flight contesting your shit smell claims? I wouldn't shit myself if I was on a plane about to crash by the way. That's minging. <_<

179534[/snapback]

Yeah, it's Saturday - quite a strange book. As the name implies, it's all set in one day with him going into detail of everyday events in some minutiae, but with his usual descriptive flair. Worth a read imo.

I would definitely cack my pants, not ashamed to admit it. Then I'd be hoping the plane crashes to save me embarassment.....

True story.

Last season I tuned into the World Service to get the football.

A plane had just crashed in Nigeria.

London presenter: Let's cross over to our Nigerian corrospondent, *African name I can't remember* What do we know about this?

African correspondent: What we do know, is that we do not know anything'

<_<:nufc:<_<<_<<_<<_<

I was there when I was a kid and loved it. Went to a couple of places in Wales and once in Scotland (Ayr). Main things I rememember are playing pool, climbing around those plastic weird shaped climbing frames, learning to roller skate, being in the beaver club (oh the innocence), and being shipped off to bed early so my Dad could go out on the piss :(