Our Single Biggest Problem

Gemmill

I wonder how the probable absense of both Given and Bramble from the next few matches will affect this. Given's distribution was probably the worst thing about our performance yesterday, particularly in the first half when he mishit 3 or 4 kicks, one almost resulting in a goal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the probable absense of both Given and Bramble from the next few matches will affect this. Given's distribution was probably the worst thing about our performance yesterday, particularly in the first half when he mishit 3 or 4 kicks, one almost resulting in a goal.

Might help as Harper is definitely better at kicking than Given, although I blame Babayaro (at least partly) for the kick which nearly resulted in Bowyer scoring. It was a dodgy pass to Given and then Babayaro never made an angle for a return pass.

Might help as Harper is definitely better at kicking than Given, although I blame Babayaro (at least partly) for the kick which nearly resulted in Bowyer scoring. It was a dodgy pass to Given and then Babayaro never made an angle for a return pass.

True. However, it could be a very interesting situation if, as a result of improved distribution, we start playing better with Given out of the team than in the team. One to think about.

True. However, it could be a very interesting situation if, as a result of improved distribution, we start playing better with Given out of the team than in the team. One to think about.

I doubt we'll see that big a change just because of Given, I see Bramble's absence as more significant in that regard. Would be interesting though although Harper isn't a patch on Given imo.

I doubt we'll see that big a change just because of Given, I see Bramble's absence as more significant in that regard. Would be interesting though although Harper isn't a patch on Given imo.

Granted we probably won't see that much of a difference, as it was clearly Bramble who was the biggest culprit, but what would make it interesting - if it were to happen - is that fact it would leave Roeder with a dilemma. The better keeper, or the one who makes us play better football?