Luque Deal Dead

Scottish Mag

Don't know transfer deals with the Depor president are always a on/off saga (remembering Makaay, Pandiani and a couple more). At least that's what I still hope.

Otherwise we still can turn to Paul Dickov, can't we...

16240[/snapback]

Would Dickov be any worse than Shearer in his current form? ;)

16242[/snapback]

It's not just Shearer's bad form, it's also the entire team around him and our tactics, or have you somehow missed that?

Shearer + no supply or support = no goals.

Like Dickov is going to fix it.....

16246[/snapback]

No I haven't. Have you noticed that when we do have posession of the ball in midfield that the complete absence of any movement from Shearer up front leaves the midfield scratching their heads as to quite what to do with the ball?

:wink2: Or have you somehow missed that? ;)

16255[/snapback]

He was by himself, completely isolated, and his only supply was the long ball hoof. What the hell do you expect him to do playing under that system? Of course if we had Bellamy or Robert....

There's no need for any scape goat other than Souness for the mess we are currently in.

16261[/snapback]

Aye, heres me thinking it was FF's fault for not releasing the money for new players, ah well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's getting pissed off at backing managers with OUR bloudy money then he should be out of there.  He hasn't invested his money so why should he be so bothered, he has to back his managers judgement.  Get the cunt out.

16524[/snapback]

Why is it our money ? It isn't. Once you've bought something from the club, it's theirs.

16535[/snapback]

As a fact that is undeniable. However it can be argued that fans have pumped money in with the expectation that will actually spend some on players. While the board are entitled to spend that cash as they see fit, they should not be surprised if the supporters reciprocate by watching games in the pub from next season.

16570[/snapback]

Correct. But for me there are two things to seperate. 1) Fat Fred the greedy bastard who is taking money out of the club for his own benefit. This would be no problem is admitted he treating Newcastle just as a business and would not be branding himself as the biggest fan. 2) The other thing is Fat Fred as a chairman. I don't trust him and apparently the publicised balance sheets are not worth the paper they are printed on. Though so far every manager got the chance of (sort of) his own team under the regime of the obese pie-eater.

In an ideal world the current frustration would lead to the forming of not only an Anti-Souness opposition, but a plan to kick the mole out of his office too. But for latter you need an opposition that not only consists out of some unhappy fans who refuse to buy tickets and merchandising products but an opposition that wants to and is capable to take over the running of the club. Except of the anonymous take over I haven't seen that kind of opposition yet.