Am I the only person who thinks Souness is alright

Ketsbaia's Mobile

"It's a hard place to go," added Souness. "Bolton play a kind of football that suits the players they have there.

Wow, what fantastic observation. This is called tactics. Maybe Newcastle should also start to play a kind of football that suits the players...

16923[/snapback]

To be fair we do have tactics. Hooooooooooooooooooooooooof.....

16930[/snapback]

To quote the great man again:

"It's not everyone's cup of tea but they get results, and if you're going to get something there, your defenders have to do well."

Graeme, spot the difference between their and our hoofing game...

16934[/snapback]

next to his observation that he's said a few times "the game is more cat and mouse than it has ever been"...we've got a real clever manager here !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'I am the most attacking manager this club has ever had.'

Except we...er...haven't got any attackers.  :wink2:

17061[/snapback]

You dumbasses. He probably wasn't talking about attacking-players but attacking players. ;)

Edited by Isegrim

Souness is not a top six caliber manager, we needed a top six caliber manager.

everything that has followed has been clear and irrefutable evidence that we needed a top six manager

we've sold good players to teams that are now our mid-table rivals, we've weakened previously alright areas, we've in no way improved our squad, we're still playing tot he dwindlings strengths of a player who may not even play beyond Christmas.

Bellamy, Robert, Hughes, not one of these players is world class, or even good enough to be first choice for a top 5 club. But they are sure as shit better than that which replaces them. In Larry and Craig's case there are no replacements, not one!

Now people say that these two were bad for marale in the dressing room, these two who actually produced goals and assists were bad for morale?... well why not sell the players who weren't producing to try and find some players who were willing to play alongside these rapscallions?

We all know that Shearer is on his last legs and as such his voice in the dressing room whould be referential not shaping the future of the club to his whimsy.

Which players do you truly think were falling out with Bellamy and Robert? I doubt it would be JJ, Dyer et al... they're far too busy topping up their jewellry collection.

Bowyer? perhaps.. he was a gobby little shite at the best of times and I would hardly think he was the easiest person to get on with himself (just ask Kieron)... so sell him, not these two.

I think it's incredible, in the truest sense of the word, that we sold Laurent Robert and Craig Bellamy without nailing down superior replacements before they left. Bellamy was the best player at the club and Robert was a match winner. Now Shearer is once again the best player at the club and the only real match winner we have.... what happens when he gets the record and decides that maybe it's best for him to retire at Xmas?

so fraid not matey, Souness has done a poor job at Newcastle United and Fat Freddy didn't do anything but add to the misery.

they both have to go and the sooner the chairman goes the better.