Team v Bolton?

TOPTOON

Jesus, I hadn't noticed that, nearly had a heart attack; bit more subtlety next time, please. :lol:

This thread reminds me a little of SLPs story about the September Christmas tree...

He's not listed on the PhysioRoom injury table any more:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_pre...njury_table.php

:lol:

I think it's more likely that he's retired from football, than recovered from injury. Even if a miracle has happened, does anyone in their right mind think he'll start, given how careful Roeder's been with him?

On a more serious note, Harper and Carr are listed there as out until the 15th?

He's not listed on the PhysioRoom injury table any more:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_pre...njury_table.php

:lol:

I think it's more likely that he's retired from football, than recovered from injury. Even if a miracle has happened, does anyone in their right mind think he'll start, given how careful Roeder's been with him?

On a more serious note, Harper and Carr are listed there as out until the 15th?

Pav in goal??? :lol:

Injury led me to despairOct 5 2006

By Luke Edwards, The Journal

Kieron Dyer has revealed how he was plunged into depression by the hamstring injury which has stalled his career for the last 12 months.

Dyer has managed to play just 11 games in a year and has spent the last six months isolated from the rest of the Newcastle squad as he carried out a specially prepared rehabilitation programme designed to save his career.

But, after admitting he had struggled to come to terms with his injury problems during the long and lonely road to a first-team return, the midfielder is thrilled to be approaching the end of the most testing journey of his career as he targets a place on the substitutes' bench against Bolton in just over a week's time.

The England international has had his share of troubles on Tyneside, but the 27-year-old suggested yesterday that nothing had damaged him mentally more than the niggling hamstring complaint which appeared to threaten his future in the game

"It's been a frustrating six months for me to say the least because I've been on my own for most of the time," said Dyer, who is desperately needed by manager Glenn Roeder to bolster a small squad which is competing in four competitions this season. "When you think about it, it has been going on for even longer than six months.

"I've only played about six games in 2006, it has been emotionally and physically draining, but I feel as though I've come out the other side.

"During those six months of rehabilitation and then test after test on the hamstring, all I've been thinking about is the day I finally returned.

"The low point would have to be the derby game at Sunderland. We won 4-1 and I should have been buzzing, but I knew my hamstring wasn't right.

"I'd already missed a large chunk of the season and I thought it was over and then it tightened up again and I knew it was bad.

"I was depressed and very low, it was horrible. All I wanted to do was play football. Since then it's been a long and lonely road to getting myself right again, but the manager has been great about it. He has given me the time and space I needed.

"The one thing that kept me going through it all is the thought of playing again, of pulling on the Newcastle shirt and running out at St James's Park.

"I've got the image in my head and I can't wait for it to become a reality." Dyer has been back training with the first-team squad for a fortnight and has been nagging Roeder about when he will be selected for the first team.

Roeder, though, has sensibly reined Dyer in as he gets him used to training again every day, although both hope he will be able to play some part against Bolton.

"It's been great being back with the lads, it's given me a buzz and I just can't wait to play again," added Dyer. "To come in every day to train, the banter in the dressing room, getting the ball at my feet, it's been fantastic.

"When you've been out for such a long time you do appreciate how much you love football, how much you love match days, training, everything about it.

"I'm madly in love with the game again, I was never our of love with it, but the frustration has certainly made me appreciate it a lot more.

"It's been a hard time in my life, but I'm nearly there now, it's just a couple more weeks and I'll be playing again. After that I just want to stay fit for the rest of the season."

Meanwhile, United defender Craig Moore is in trouble with the Australian Football Federation after he was a late arrival at the Socceroos' training camp in Brisbane earlier this week.

The AFF are investigating the reasons for the centre-back's delay, although neither they nor the player have made any further comments.

Albert Luque, who scored two spectacular goals for the reserves against Liverpool in midweek, has been called up to play in a Catalan select team against the Basque country this weekend.

Luque, who was born in Barcelona, has not been selected for the Spanish national side in almost 12 months, but will play in the representative fixture on Sunday.

Meanwhile, West Ham manager Alan Pardew has distanced himself from suggestions that he threatened to walk out of Upton Park unless the Barclays Premiership club scrapped a proposed £70m takeover bid.

West Ham's board of directors held a meeting yesterday to discuss the latest developments in the saga which has been bubbling for more than a year since investment company MSI first revealed an interest in securing a controlling interest in the east London club.

No doubt he'll get slated by some for having the nerve to say that he hasn't enjoyed being injured. "Yeah, WHATEVER Kieron. I bet your £80k a week made up for it." etc. etc.

Injury led me to despairOct 5 2006

Dyer has managed to play just 11 games in a year and has spent the last six months isolated from the rest of the Newcastle squad as he carried out a specially prepared rehabilitation programme designed to save his career.

What career?