Google Logo

Gemmill

Make thenorthumbrian proud and vote for this:

stephen-loan.jpg

as your favourite Google logo. It was designed by some 5 year old kid at Fell Dyke Primary School, who had the following to say "I like Newcastle. I like the Angel of the North. I like the Tyne Bridge. I like England." Actually I think he might BE thenorthumbrian. :lol:

Go here and vote:

http://www.google.co.uk/doodle4google/votea.html#doodle01

I like the way he's got two clouds with it pissing down in the left hand corner. Reinforcing the southerner's stereotypes tbh. thenorthumbrian wouldn't like that.

I hope you're all voting.

Guest Patrokles

To be fair, Cara McKeaney for the West Midlands did a far better job and is only one year older! Dumbass Aidan Bradley Saxon failed to adequately represent the South West though.

Sonny Boogaard will blatantly win the 9-13 range even though his mum drew it for him.

Tom Sherborn-Hoare does a terrific job of supported the double-barreled surname stereotype with:

Title: The Shropshire and Herefordshire Countryside

Statement: My Google Doodle evokes the Shropshire and Herefordshire countryside where I live; insects in the summer; the orchard near my house; beehives which appear most years in our barn; fishing in the river Lugg with my dad and brother; climbing on, or reading under trees and long walks discovering nature.

Ross Smele's in the 14-18 category has someone giving a handjob, and a woefully inappropriate dove of peace.

Zoe McCarthy's is frightningly P.C.

India fucking dumbass Buddock states that: In my Google design, I have included everything that symbolises punk rock to me. I chose this idea because Britain started the punk movement. I used many designs and patterns in my drawing to try and create many textures., which is historically inaccurate so she should be disqualified immediately.

Caroline Hanson manages to be typical Irish by giving a terse 'no statement' response.

It's really depressing looking at these and reading the reasons though:

' In my Google Doodle, I was trying to put across the amazing atmosphere of Britain. Britain is fun and exciting, the flames represent the energy we have.'

'The traditional Fish and Chips shown represent my passion for the traditional English food.'

'Britain is a brilliant country. We have fish and chips, football and all the amazing landmarks. In our capital city, London, there is Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster Abbey and others around the country. There's also the wildlife and plants to enjoy our part of the world!'

'Not every country has traffic lights and double deckers.'

'Britain joined, united with the love of sports, tourism and animals that mean so much to everyone.'

'The Olympic torch reflects our strives for excellence with the radio 'E' showing energy, culture, vibrancy and confidence.'

'If you want a great holiday come to Great Britain. There are a lot of great things to do.'

'I chose these images because they make me feel British and important.'

'I drew happy Queen Elizabeth with her handbag.'