Dracula

DanTheMan

Guest Patrokles

Didn't like the original Nosferatu much, very much liked the Herzog version, which is beautiful and eerie. The Philip Glass/Kronos Quartet score to the original silent Dracula is extremely good; I own it and enjoy it quite removed from the context of the film.

Try "The Historian" written recently - a good update

By the way Romanians reckon Dracula is a national hero - sound on Turks and the causes of Turks - and will spend hours telling you how he is mis-represented in the West

Try "The Historian" written recently - a good update

By the way Romanians reckon Dracula is a national hero - sound on Turks and the causes of Turks - and will spend hours telling you how he is mis-represented in the West

He a great physician who pioneered methods of relieving blood pressure without the use of a leech.

• 2 months later...

Didn't like the original Nosferatu much, very much liked the Herzog version, which is beautiful and eerie. The Philip Glass/Kronos Quartet score to the original silent Dracula is extremely good; I own it and enjoy it quite removed from the context of the film.

Hmm, I think nearly all modern Dracula adaptions are not even a patch of Murnau's work. Herzog's version is quite good, too. The rest is shit IMHO, especially the most recent ones.

Hmm, I think nearly all modern Dracula adaptions are not even a patch of Murnau's work. Herzog's version is quite good, too. The rest is shit IMHO, especially the most recent ones.

Keanu Reeves was shambolic in Coppola's version. "No way, fanged dude"