I'm fearing the worst

zico martin

Just switched my pc on this morning and got the error message 'keyboard locked'. Thought this was strange so I restarted thinking it would be ok. Then windows started but my mouse didnt work. I kept restarting and alternatively kept getting these 2 problems.

Is this a virus? and how best can i fix it?

Guest Patrokles

Re viruses and that, if I have PrevX, Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware, AVG Anti Virus, and Zone Alarm Firewall installed on my PC......

260px-Marathon_Man2.jpg

IS IT SAFE?

It's like having sex with three condoms, a diaphragm, spermicide, and without taking your clothes off!

Guest Patrokles

What do I need then, bitches?

To be honest, I don't have any of that running because it uses up quite a bit of the system's resources, but having said that, you wouldn't notice unless you use the PC for heavy stuff like graphics or video editing/music production/high end games.

In my experience, you can't just get a virus or whatnot from just browsing the web normally and using the PC. The only way you can really get one is through accepting dodgy downloads, etc. Spyware is more common, but can be removed with spybot or adaware, and these don't need to be left running.

A firewall is maybe the most essential thing to have, but, again, I've had absolutely no problems with no protection (PC-wise) at all.

Re viruses and that, if I have PrevX, Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware, AVG Anti Virus, and Zone Alarm Firewall installed on my PC......

260px-Marathon_Man2.jpg

IS IT SAFE?

It's like having sex with three condoms, a diaphragm, spermicide, and without taking your clothes off!

:lol:

What do I need then, bitches?

When you secure your wireless connection, get rid of Zone alarm and just turn on Windows Firewall. Seems like you are as anal about your spyware as you are about cleanliness tbh. Just delete your temp internet files more often and have a couple of progs running. AVG is fine. Suprised you didnt have Norton, Pc-Cillin and McAfee installed aswell tbfh...... <_<

Thats my advice anyway. :lol:

Edited by Holden McGroin

i have avg, windows firewall and my router firewall all running from startup. (not sure why i bother with the windows one tbh).

i also have adaware, hijack this, spybot and a few other bits and pieces available if things go pear shaped.

i use firefox for browsing (and only use ie for hotmail). i also have the 'noscript' extension that sets javascript permissions.

i also keep xp updated with new patches and updates.

In my experience, you can't just get a virus or whatnot from just browsing the web normally and using the PC

Yes you can !

Guest Patrokles

i have avg, windows firewall and my router firewall all running from startup. (not sure why i bother with the windows one tbh).

i also have adaware, hijack this, spybot and a few other bits and pieces available if things go pear shaped.

i use firefox for browsing (and only use ie for hotmail). i also have the 'noscript' extension that sets javascript permissions.

i also keep xp updated with new patches and updates.

In my experience, you can't just get a virus or whatnot from just browsing the web normally and using the PC

Yes you can !

Depends where you browse, I suppose. WINK WINK.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus

ZoneAlarm

thats all you need,unless you've got the crown jewels on ya hard drive of course.

security is overrated anyway

Edited by @yourservice