Moscow

Holden McGroin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

My Grandmother went about 15 years ago and liked it. I have a friend who loves geography and travel and she's desperate to go, so that's a decent enough indication.

Never been myself but a freind spent time there on business recently and said they had never been happier to leave a place. Trust no one and take enough spare cash to bribe your way smoothly though all sorts of trouble. The taxi from the airport will include a request for US dollars if you want to get to your destination. Everyone there will try to rip you off basically. Sounds like a pain in the arse but whatever floats your boat.

Guest Patrokles

I had a look at Macedonia after the England game and it seems like a pretty decent place to visit. If you're going for Eastern Europe.

Never been myself but a freind spent time there on business recently and said they had never been happier to leave a place. Trust no one and take enough spare cash to bribe your way smoothly though all sorts of trouble. The taxi from the airport will include a request for US dollars if you want to get to your destination. Everyone there will try to rip you off basically. Sounds like a pain in the arse but whatever floats your boat.

sounds like Budapest

sounds like Budapest

Spent some time in Budapest and i did get ripped off in a titty bar but that was about it. The corruption there has apparently been kept more under control in the last 10 years.

Moscow is a zoo by all acounts.

I thought you were going to Vegas anyway? Sack this shit off and get yourself to America man.

Its either New York or Moscow for 5 days next month.... then Vegas-San Fran in Feb/Mar.

Just read it is 2 degrees in Moscow at the min! :calmdown:

Edited by Holden McGroin

Never had any problems in Budapest in '98, other than persuading my old man not to accept the 4000-forint taxi fare quoted by the dodgy fella who accosted us on the train platform after we got back from a day in Vienna. Same journey ended up costing about 1000 in an official taxi from out the front. I reckon you can generally get by fine in these places as long as you've got your wits about you, though I must admit I'd have reservations about going to Moscow (and isn't Petersburg meant to be more tourist-friendly and have just as much going for it anyway?).

A lad I went to school with went over to the Ukraine recently to try and get himself a bride. FFS! :calmdown:

A hit and miss affair by all acounts...

imalanpartridge_3.jpg

:calmdown: That's what I was thinking of when I heard about it.

I thought you were going to Vegas anyway? Sack this shit off and get yourself to America man.

Its either New York or Moscow for 5 days next month.... then Vegas-San Fran in Feb/Mar.

Just read it is 2 degrees in Moscow at the min! :calmdown:

Go to New York man. It's so good they named it twice.

I'm not one of those people who wants everything for next to nowt on holiday but Sweden is pretty expensive by all accounts.

Iceland was expensive to visit last year, but then again, as long as you aren't staying too long or intend to be out on the piss the entire time, the cost isn't so great.