Funny weekend story

bobbyshinton

From BBC site

Sisters arrested for abusing fans

A twin sister pop duo were arrested for launching a foul-mouthed tirade at football fans during a derby match at Sheffield's Hillsborough stadium.

Francine and Nicola Gleadall, 18, hit back at away fans who jeered as they performed at half-time in Saturday's Sheffield Wednesday-Barnsley match.

One of the singers shouted obscenities which were amplified around the ground, while the other flicked V-signs.

The pair were arrested and issued with £80 fixed penalties, police confirmed.

The identical twins were at Hillsborough to sing their single - a cover of Slade's 1970s hit Cum on Feel the Noize - in front of the 28,687 crowd.

'Threatening behaviour'

But Barnsley supporters began hurling abuse after the stadium announcer introduced them as "two girls from Sheffield".

A South Yorkshire police spokeswoman said: "Two 18-year-old local women entertainers were arrested by police during a Championship football match in Sheffield on Saturday.

"Both received £80 fixed penalties for public order offences."

A joint statement from Sheffield Wednesday and South Yorkshire police said: "We operate a policy of enforcement against threatening behaviour in the ground to prevent escalation into more serious offending."

The rest of game, which Sheffield Wednesday won 2-1, passed without incident, police added.

Been to Hillsborough a few times with my mate who supports the Owls, talk about Boro being the jail bait capital, you should see some of the pre-match entertainment at the place. Loads of underage lasses dressed in next to nowt dancing and on the pitch. It all felt a bit pervy if I'm being honest.

"That was so unprofessional. My apologies go to the Barnsley fans and I believe that the actions could have a negative effect on their chance of having a hit."

Until recently the girls were performing at Sheffield's working men's clubs.

:calmdown: