Zidane - a 21st century portrait

Kid Dynamite

What a pile of shite!!! £5.20 of my hard earned money at the tyneside cinema. I knew it was an arty film about 18cameras focused on zidane for a 90minute match. I was expecting to see some close ups of his wizardry on the ball, awesome first touch, dazzling skills, pinpoint passes etc.

Then you realise that in a 90minute game the ball is only in play around 60mins. And of the 22 players on the pitch zidane gets around 3 or 4 minutes of the ball for the whole 90minutes of the film. And even then the fucking cameras focus on his facial expressions!

He is one boring fucker too. In 90minutes the only words he utters are 'hey,hey' every few minutes, and 'you should be ashamed' at the ref when he awards a penalty against real. No calling for the ball, no encouragement of teammates, just a grumpy look and an extremely sweaty head.

What a waste of 90minutes.

:)<_<

Sight and Sound gave it a glowing review. A work of genius apparently.

I didn't need to see it to know they're talking shite.

The intellectualism of football has gotten silly. It's not art. It's just blokes displaying the odd bit of skill occasionally.

:)<_<

Sight and Sound gave it a glowing review. A work of genius apparently.

I didn't need to see it to know they're talking shite.

The intellectualism of football has gotten silly. It's not art. It's just blokes displaying the odd bit of skill occasionally.

That said, I saw a nice print of Zidane nutting Materazzi on Spittlefields market the other week.