Tapas Bars

Hatful Of Hollow

http://www.latasca.co.uk/TAPAS/Tapas.html

Is this a typical menu? El Coto has a website but it appears to be down at the moment.

I've been to La Tasca, El Coto and the other one whose name escapes me on the street that goes from the Quayside up to the Keep / High Level Bridge and I think they all have identical menus or, if not, very similar.

I quite like Tapas as you get the chance to poke about at a few dishes and it's a good accompaniment to beer. I have to say though I dont think its haute cuisine and I wouldnt do it if the emphasis was just on going out for a meal as a lot of it I reckon is pre packaged stuff. At least in LaTasca and the like. Some quality fresh regional stuff in the Spanish cities though.

I quite like Tapas as you get the chance to poke about at a few dishes and it's a good accompaniment to beer. I have to say though I dont think its haute cuisine and I wouldnt do it if the emphasis was just on going out for a meal as a lot of it I reckon is pre packaged stuff. At least in LaTasca and the like. Some quality fresh regional stuff in the Spanish cities though.

Aye, that's what it's meant to be though isn't it? A bit of bait to go with a few beers. You've reminded my of Barcelona there, Belfast it aint :(

Aye, that's what it's meant to be though isn't it? A bit of bait to go with a few beers. You've reminded my of Barcelona there, Belfast it aint :(

Aye, thats pretty much how I view it. If I've got a thirst on and want my stomach lining at the same time I think it's just the job. If I was doing it purely for the meal itself though I'd search out an independent one rather than a chain one.

http://www.latasca.co.uk/TAPAS/Tapas.html

Is this a typical menu? El Coto has a website but it appears to be down at the moment.

I've been to La Tasca, El Coto and the other one whose name escapes me on the street that goes from the Quayside up to the Keep / High Level Bridge and I think they all have identical menus or, if not, very similar.

El Torero?