Saving freddies bacon

Pilchard Chops

If Owen signs and scores enough goals to keep us up. We are stuck with Fat Fred. So nothing changes, except the management. Is relegation the price we need to pay to get the club we deserve?

17688[/snapback]

If he has any sense he won`t sign....sad but true.

I would rather flounder for ten years in the Prem than get relegated forcing FS out.

This may sound silly on the face of it, but if we go down we may never come back up. I tend to agree with SBR - everyone thought Forest would come back, but they haven't. We are not that special and getting relegated could mess us up worse than another ten years of Shepperd.

When you go down, you lose pretty much all of your best players.

If you get promoted, it's hard to attract good players as there's the likelihood you're going down again.

If you go down again, the cycle continues.

I would rather flounder for ten years in the Prem than get relegated forcing FS out.

This may sound silly on the face of it, but if we go down we may never come back up. I tend to agree with SBR - everyone thought Forest would come back, but they haven't. We are not that special and getting relegated could mess us up worse than another ten years of Shepperd.

17694[/snapback]

In ten years time I'll most likley be dead. I rather watch us winning in the championshio than this crap (I think)

If you get promoted, it's hard to attract good players as there's the likelihood you're going down again.

17695[/snapback]

and our best plyers are?????

17695[/snapback]

and our best plyers are?????

17698[/snapback]

Parker, Emre, Given, Taylor, Boumsong

17695[/snapback]

Aye, you need a bit of luck and a good manager and team performance. A certain Bolton Wanderers spring to mind - having survived their first two seasons, they're now regarded as a top 10 team.

I think we are fucked till the fat cunt dies, we are just going to have to stick it out until then. If we go down we will be fucked because we are still paying back for the stadium and then season tickets have already started to drop and we are prem league. Kill the cunt.

5 wins in 27 league matches is relegation form.

17697[/snapback]

:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::(

Jeez, is that correct?? :o

I wish I had made a recording of all the excuses. I doubt there would be one where Souness held his hand up to being responsible.

5 wins in 27 league matches is relegation form.

17697[/snapback]

:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::(

Jeez, is that correct?? :o

I wish I had made a recording of all the excuses. I doubt there would be one where Souness held his hand up to being responsible.

17711[/snapback]

Well Salako just said it on Football first?

Souness's Newcastle are breaking all sorts of records for shitness though - they practically were the worst Newcastle team in every way possible since we got in the premiership last year.

And fail to score against ManU on Sunday and we will be approaching 10 hours of league football at SJP without a goal from a Newcastle player.

Oh happy days. :D

I read something the other day about when the transfer speculation was doing the rounds, the fat man valued the club at 200m.

He/they allegdely had an opportunity to sell the club for 100m, now that is a huge amount and far more than the Halls or Shepherds have invested in the club and yet they weren't interested.

Which leads me to believe that it is going to take a miracle to move his fat arse out of the chairman's position and the good of the club is nothing compared to the abuse of NUFC as their cash cow.

I read something the other day about when the transfer speculation was doing the rounds, the fat man valued the club at 200m.

He/they allegdely had an opportunity to sell the club for 100m, now that is a huge amount and far more than the Halls or Shepherds have invested in the club and yet they weren't interested.

Which leads me to believe that it is going to take a miracle to move his fat arse out of the chairman's position and the good of the club is nothing compared to the abuse of NUFC as their cash cow.

17745[/snapback]

:D

You blame him for NOT cashing in and selling the club so he can get less by staying at the club?

Edited by Ketsbaia's Mobile

Getting relegated would set us back for a decade at least. And there's no guarantee it would make Shepherd leave. I would see it presenting a much bigger set of problems than those we currently have and it's certainly not a solution to the current problems.

Getting relegated would set us back for a decade at least.  And there's no guarantee it would make Shepherd leave.  I would see it presenting a much bigger set of problems than those we currently have and it's certainly not a solution to the current problems.

17792[/snapback]

Agree 110 percent.

Getting relegated is not an option, it wouldn't be as easy as bringing in a new board and simply coming straight back up. For a start we'd lose PL money and also are revenue would be shocking with sub 30,000 crowds. Look at Leeds, Sheff Wed, and Forest, massive clubs with pedigree (woof!) who all have massive debt due to being relegated with big salary players. None of them have recovered from it.

17745[/snapback]

You blame him for NOT cashing in and selling the club so he can get less by staying at the club?

17754[/snapback]

What the fuck are you talking about?

I've made the comment because it highlights how difficult it is going to be to shift the fat controller from the big chair!

He will never make less. The club isn't worth 200M, its not even worth 100M!

I've read somewhere that it is currently worth something like 70M.

But if you look at what they have taken out of the club in the last 4 years, they have allegedly paid themselbes 32M in dividends plus the wages they draw plus their rent property back to the club schemes. Don't kid yourself that fat Freddy is there for anything else than to thicken his wallet.

17745[/snapback]

17754[/snapback]

What the fuck are you talking about?

I've made the comment because it highlights how difficult it is going to be to shift the fat controller from the big chair!

He will never make less. The club isn't worth 200M, its not even worth 100M!

I've read somewhere that it is currently worth something like 70M.

But if you look at what they have taken out of the club in the last 4 years, they have allegedly paid themselbes 32M in dividends plus the wages they draw plus their rent property back to the club schemes. Don't kid yourself that fat Freddy is there for anything else than to thicken his wallet.

17813[/snapback]

I'm saying that if he HAD been offered 100m and turned it down, you couldn't accuse him of being greedy.

I don't know where you think I said he WASN'T in it for the money. I was just pointing out that if he HAD been offered £100m and TURNED IT DOWN, he would have made less money than if he stayed.

And yes, I do realise that FFS is there to make money for himself. He's a businessman. I don't care for that mentality personally, but it's par for the course at corporate level.

I don't see why he would want the club to do badly though. Like Glazer, it's in his interest for the club to do well.

Edited by Ketsbaia's Mobile