job hunting

themags

Our lass is desperately trying to search for job, she has 2-3 years accounting experience, but this was based on the European system(?), she's also bi-lingual if that helps at all.

Ideally she would like some sort of Assistant Account position to start, she's registered with a couple of agencies Brook Street (who appear to be shite) and Reed in Newcastle (don't know yet), any of you got any advice or suggestions?

Surely accountancy is Gemmill's thing so he's the one to ask. Mind you, would you be happy for her to sleep with old men who are board members so she can get a foot in the door like Gemmill did?

i'd rather not, espeically gingers :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Our lass is desperately trying to search for job, she has 2-3 years accounting experience, but this was based on the European system(?), she's also bi-lingual if that helps at all.

Ideally she would like some sort of Assistant Account position to start, she's registered with a couple of agencies Brook Street (who appear to be shite) and Reed in Newcastle (don't know yet), any of you got any advice or suggestions?

Being bi-lingual is a huge bonus, I'd imagine. I'd advise her to get out of this country and work mainland Europe, personally.

Being bi-lingual is a huge bonus, I'd imagine. I'd advise her to get out of this country and work mainland Europe, personally.

I'm sure themags will thank you for that advice! :lol:

I love how Slovenia generally didn't bother with the whole "let's decamp to the UK" thing after EU accession. What were the figures again? Something like 250,000 Poles, 70,000 Lithuanians, 50,000 Slovaks... and about 300 Slovenes. Talk about a snub. :lol: