God Help us - gwen Stefanie's new record

Rob W

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Services, That Peter Kay Thing and the first series of Phoenix Nights were all well written imo. Not sure about The Services and TPKT but Phoenix Nights was co-written by Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice aswell as Peter Kay, after re-watching Max and Paddy their writing was missed.

The Services, That Peter Kay Thing and the first series of Phoenix Nights were all well written imo. Not sure about The Services and TPKT but Phoenix Nights was co-written by Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice aswell as Peter Kay, after re-watching Max and Paddy their writing was missed.

They're probably a team who just work at their very best together, like Coogan/Iannucci/Baynam who together wrote the genius of I'm Alan Partridge but seperately or with other people have never quite matched it.

They're probably a team who just work at their very best together, like Coogan/Iannucci/Baynam who together wrote the genius of I'm Alan Partridge but seperately or with other people have never quite matched it.

IMHO - The Day Today was their very best. Awesome even now 12 years on.

See how well The Mary Whitehouse Experience has aged, saw a couple of episodes of that and found it terrible now. It killed me at the time! :lol:

IMHO - The Day Today was their very best. Awesome even now 12 years on.

See how well The Mary Whitehouse Experience has aged, saw a couple of episodes of that and found it terrible now. It killed me at the time! :lol:

Probably alot of Chris Morris in that whereas he had no part in writing Partridge. I'm a fan of the Day Today as well myself but Partridge is my favourite of anything that group of writers has done together or apart.

Aye, Mary Whitehouse is terrible now like. Some of it still works at that basic playground level - "that's you/your mum, that is" will hit home across generations :lol: - but a good amount of it's dated terribly...