Vienna

Bombadil

Anyone been?

I've just come back from a few days' stay - and what a great place it is! So much history and architecture, and so many great little restaurants, cafés and bars. And the best sausages I've ever had. The people are extremly friendly too. Well worth a visit!

Back at work now though. So how did we do at the weekend? :lol:

I went there for a day in '98, when we were in Budapest for the European Athletics. Canny place indeed, superb coffee and cakes, and it was nice to be somewhere where the language wasn't completely disorienting (even the way they insist on speaking it). Though my abiding memories remain the look I got from the sales assistant when I bought the Guildo Horn single and the flap-opening-out-onto-the-tracks toilet on the Romanian train back to Hungary.

Anyone been?

I've just come back from a few days' stay - and what a great place it is! So much history and architecture, and so many great little restaurants, cafés and bars. And the best sausages I've ever had. The people are extremly friendly too. Well worth a visit!

The question I want answered is this: has it been 'spotted' by all these tossers who fly over europe going on stag/hen do's like Prague and Budapest?? If not, then I would love to go following your comments on architecture and restaurants (culture vulture).

Oh, and nice one David Kelly :icon_lol::blush:

:nufc:

Edited by snakehips

I've not been skiing that much but I'm nails so I never injured myself. A lad at my school fell of a ski lift and hurtled down the mountain into the pylon holding the lift up. Did himself a canny bit of damage. :lol:

I read something in the paper recently about some pillock who took the foam padding thing from around the bottom of one of these pylons so that he could use it as a sledge to slide down the mountain on. He then proceeded to slide straight into the now protection-free pylon, killing himself.

I read something in the paper recently about some pillock who took the foam padding thing from around the bottom of one of these pylons so that he could use it as a sledge to slide down the mountain on. He then proceeded to slide straight into the now protection-free pylon, killing himself.

What a mong... :lol:

Anyone been?

The question I want answered is this: has it been 'spotted' by all these tossers who fly over europe going on stag/hen do's like Prague and Budapest?? If not, then I would love to go following your comments on architecture and restaurants (culture vulture).

Oh, and nice one David Kelly :icon_lol::blush:

:nufc:

I know what you mean, but I've been to Prague and Budapest and I liked Vienna a lot more. Definitely worth a visit if you're into history and architecture. There are also a few fantastic art galleries, both modern and classic art.

I despise Austrians, so I'll be giving it a miss I think.

So, may I conclude you only disapprove of prejudice when it equates to being anti-Scouse? :mellow:

What I kijek eabout Austria is the (lack of) pace of life

You can spend 30 minutes wiating for someoen to serve you a coffee and they only come back and ask if you want another a couple of hours later

You can spend 30 minutes wiating for someoen to serve you a coffee and they only come back and ask if you want another a couple of hours later

Life appears so slow when your 103 years old, Rob. :)

Hold on, you're saying you like shit service? Righto then, I recommend Jamaica, at least it's hot.

Why do you despise Austrians? :)

Adolf Hitler for one reason. And giving me defective skis that led to me breaking my leg is another. Plus Austrian food is absolutely fucking rank.

It should be officially illegal for Britons (and I'm including myself here) to negatively comment on any other nation's food culture. Talk about people in glass houses!

Exceptions can be made for Portuguese food.