Newcastle set to splash out in January

Craig

Newcastle United manager Glen Roeder has confirmed the club will look to sign a number of players in the January transfer window after injuries to strikers.

The transfer window is obviously going to be critical," said Roeder. "For myself and for the club, the re-opening of the window cannot come quickly enough.

"With Michael (Owen) and Shola almost certainly out for the year, it's going to be vital that we find players to help us have a successful second half of the season. We are not scoring goals and without the players to do that, we will not win as many games as we would like. We need to find those players.

"We are working hard looking at potential targets and we have been doing for the last six or eight weeks. I would not give clues as to how many players I want to bring in or who they are, it would be silly to do that. It would not help when we go and try to negotiate a price. Those things have to stay within the inner circle of the club.

Source: http://www.footballissue.com/index.php/200...in-january.html

You best keep the chairman informed of that one Glenn! :lol:

Newcastle United manager Glen Roeder has confirmed the club will look to sign a number of players in the January transfer window after injuries to strikers.

The transfer window is obviously going to be critical," said Roeder. "For myself and for the club, the re-opening of the window cannot come quickly enough.

"With Michael (Owen) and Shola almost certainly out for the year, it's going to be vital that we find players to help us have a successful second half of the season. We are not scoring goals and without the players to do that, we will not win as many games as we would like. We need to find those players.

"We are working hard looking at potential targets and we have been doing for the last six or eight weeks. I would not give clues as to how many players I want to bring in or who they are, it would be silly to do that. It would not help when we go and try to negotiate a price. Those things have to stay within the inner circle of the club.

Source: http://www.footballissue.com/index.php/200...in-january.html

You best keep the chairman informed of that one Glenn! ;)

He better not or he will never learn what players he is going to sign... :lol:

So, after signing a £10million forward, getting a forward on loan bringing in another forward and signing a left-winger who is meant to be able to play up front too, we still need forwards? I wouldn't necessarily disgaree with that but it just shows how badly we bought in the summer imo. Our defence needed sorting out too, but that has to go on the back burner again presumably. And we'll get taken to the cleaners over transfer fees in January. Again.

So, after signing a £10million forward, getting a forward on loan bringing in another forward and signing a left-winger who is meant to be able to play up front too, we still need forwards? I wouldn't necessarily disgaree with that but it just shows how badly we bought in the summer imo. Our defence needed sorting out too, but that has to go on the back burner again presumably. And we'll get taken to the cleaners over transfer fees in January. Again.

I'm sure any club just puts 25-75% on the asking price as soon as they know it's Newcastle enquiring (and scarily they get it).