Borat on the tonight show with Jay Leno

Lazarus

Very nice to be here Jason
;)

in my country a man who dress in red coat and white beard is a sex criminal
:icon_lol:

Also i was in a swimming pool and all the children were looking at me. in the end i become very embarassed and self conciousness and i came out of the pool and had to put my trunks back on
:D

all the children in my country were given the day off. this was a problem as the factories came to a standstill
:razz:

i have 3 children - Bilac, Biram and Hueylewis
:(:(:lol:

We are big fans of your movies. We like 'Titanic', 'Mrs Doubtfire' and the sex comedy 'The Accused'
:o

We especially like films by anti jew warrior Melvin Gibson
:icon_lol:

Jay Leno asks him what do you say to people who think the film is homophobic and anti semetic. Borat says 'thank you very much'.
:lol::D

I cannot make a film for the next 10 months as our countries camera is being used
:D

Jay Leno keeps giggling

Martha Stewart is the next guest and they have to make a bed together :D Borat ends up with his trousers and his pants off in the bed.

Saw three of his TV appearances in the run-up to the UK premiere. Same jokes every time. Even the Jonathan Ross type people seemed to be reading from a script so as not to ruin things. Bit crap really.

Saw three of his TV appearances in the run-up to the UK premiere. Same jokes every time. Even the Jonathan Ross type people seemed to be reading from a script so as not to ruin things. Bit crap really.

Meenzer officially starts the Borat backlash ;)

Meenzer officially starts the Borat backlash ;)

Would that I were the first. :razz:

Not seen it nor do i give a shit but why would you expct the jokes to be different? If the character is 'written' then so are the jokes. You expect him just to make improvised sponataneous jokes all the time or to perform a 'written' character. Every comedian writes material and then performs it. To highlight that is just being perjorative tbh.

Went to see it Friday btw... And was a tad disappointed, as the sketches are miles better. Some enjoyable bits, but It was annoying being in a room with people for whom this was the first time they had ever seen this Borat guy.

... that wrestling scene indeed ;)

Not seen it nor do i give a shit but why would you expct the jokes to be different? If the character is 'written' then so are the jokes. You expect him just to make improvised sponataneous jokes all the time or to perform a 'written' character. Every comedian writes material and then performs it. To highlight that is just being perjorative tbh.

Surely appearing in character on a chat show or talking to reporters is completely pointless in the first place, then, if you're just going to use the same lines every time?

And yeah, I'd expect some degree of spontaneity from someone who's currently being worshipped as a comedy god, character or otherwise. Call me demanding. Or perjorative. ;)

It's the same whenever a comedian does chat shows in character though. I remember Coogan's ill-fated Tony Ferrino creation - if you saw him on one chat show it was funny, if you watched him every time he went on one, it was pretty dull.

I think it's predominantly down to the chat show format though - if you're there promoting a movie, they'll all ask pretty much the same questions, so they end up getting the same answers.

It's the same whenever a comedian does chat shows in character though. I remember Coogan's ill-fated Tony Ferrino creation - if you saw him on one chat show it was funny, if you watched him every time he went on one, it was pretty dull.

I think it's predominantly down to the chat show format though - if you're there promoting a movie, they'll all ask pretty much the same questions, so they end up getting the same answers.

It doesn't even have to be in character, you might see an actor on several different shows and you'll hear the same stories, jokes and "ad-libs" more than once. And like you say its partly down to being asked the same questions on each show.

Went to see it Friday btw... And was a tad disappointed, as the sketches are miles better. Some enjoyable bits, but It was annoying being in a room with people for whom this was the first time they had ever seen this Borat guy.

I'm just going to wait til a decent version becomes available for download, I couldn't be arsed with the morons laughing at EVERYTHING.