Your Non Footballing Sports Heroes

Tooj

01Peter_Forsberg.jpg

Peter Forsberg. It helps that he plays for the Flyers. ;) but when fit this guy is amazing to watch. One of the best players in the league. Just a pity the shite that he's got on his team right now is bringing him down.

Probably the best player in the world before the lock-out. But aye, great player in a shit team this season. Like Luque. :lol:

Is your team not the Penguins Dave? I'm used to seeing Philly easily qualify for the playoffs (before fucking it up admittedly) and seeing Pittsburgh struggle. Looks like it'll be the other way round this season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your team not the Penguins Dave? I'm used to seeing Philly easily qualify for the playoffs (before fucking it up admittedly) and seeing Pittsburgh struggle. Looks like it'll be the other way round this season.

Aye, it's weird not seeing the Penguins not only bottom of the Atlantic division but also bottom of the Eastern Conference. It's a pretty close Division this year like, even the Flyers aren't that adrift. With Crosby and Malkin the Penguins finally have some quality to build on. Although Mario was making more noises about the Penguins maybe having to leave Pittsburgh for the franchise to survive.

Aye, it's weird not seeing the Penguins not only bottom of the Atlantic division but also bottom of the Eastern Conference. It's a pretty close Division this year like, even the Flyers aren't that adrift. With Crosby and Malkin the Penguins finally have some quality to build on. Although Mario was making more noises about the Penguins maybe having to leave Pittsburgh for the franchise to survive.

That would be shite if they left Pittsburgh. Why is Lemiuex talking about doing that?

Philly are doing shite though. Currently watching them trailing 2-0 to the Devils. Not playing too badly to be honest but they've never looked like troubling Brodeur.

Here's one for your sig ---->

http://www.myp2p.eu/NHL.htm is good for watching NHL online if you ever fancy it.

ReggieBushNewOrleansSaints.jpg

WAY too soon to be a hero, may well be in future mind

If our heroes were created purely on the basis of their achievements on the pitch, you would be absolutely right. However, Reggie has become something of a hero to me & countless others over here, because of his role in a resurgent team, but also within the context of his off- the - field efforts. He's been an incredibly important symbol of New Orleans' recovery, using his earnings to help fund rebuilding schemes and articulating the despair of many Katrina survivors on a National stage.

That's why he's already a hero to me; despite only just starting his NFL career.....