I Carrn't believe it!

smoggeordie

GLENN Roeder is looking to bring back skipper Scott Parker for Saturday's Premiership clash with West Ham at St. James' Park.

And the Newcastle United boss also hopes to bring back right-back Stephen Carr against the Hammers after a two-month injury absence with a foot problem.

He said: "The question is whether this week's training will be enough to put him back in on Saturday.

"We will see how he is on Thursday and Friday in training, but Stephen Carr has a big possibility of starting the game.

"So it's maybe Stephen Carr, and certainly Scotty Parker, and that will freshen the team up."

Roeder said he would assess "one or two" players' psychological reaction and "frame of mind" after the Birmingham defeat before deciding his line-up against the Hammers.

But Steven Taylor has a suspension following his red card against Birmingham City in Wednesday's FA Cup defeat.

After yesterday I would stick Carr in a right back and have Solano and Milner on the wings. Least we won't be so one sided...

Aye if Carr coming back means ginga boy Pattison gets dropped then, despite the fact that Carr is shit, the team will have been improved.

After yesterday I would stick Carr in a right back and have Solano and Milner on the wings. Least we won't be so one sided...

Aye if Carr coming back means ginga boy Pattison gets dropped then, despite the fact that Carr is shit, the team will have been improved.

i'd go along with that.

but it's a pretty poor reflection on the lack of quality and depth in the squad that we're looking forward to a numpty like carr returning to the side.

Suspended, or is that not till the weekend after?

He is suspended for the midweek game against Villa

Okey dokey. Is Taylor banned for just the one game then?

We shouldn't play Pattison but ffs, Carr should never play for us again.

It's all about playing the best XI to get the best results though. Carr in the team and Pattison out would improve things imo. O'Brien looks a better bet than Pattison too though from the little I've seen of him.

I can't stand Luque as much as the next man, but surely he's a better bet than Pattison and O'Brien, who are frankly pretty damn rubbish.

Someone always has to take it too far.