DVD Copy Software

David Kelly

Am I right in thinking Vista will have inbuilt DVD burning software? I'm not talking about knocking off films here, just backing up music and photos. I tend to do this once every six months or so but it takes me ages even to work out which software to use let alone how to do it.

Am I right in thinking Vista will have inbuilt DVD burning software? I'm not talking about knocking off films here, just backing up music and photos. I tend to do this once every six months or so but it takes me ages even to work out which software to use let alone how to do it.

Err XP SP2 does, doesnt it?

Err XP SP2 does, doesnt it?

Does it? :o

Vista has a DVD maker, it allows you to make DVD movies from your photographs, and there is the facility to burn data to DVD, but there is no DVD copying facilities, you need Nero or Roxio for that, but for encrypted DVD (retail stuff) you need DVDShrink 3.2 for back up purposes only of course.

I'm aware that everyone here would only make a copy of a film for back up purposes, but why would anyone bother pirating mainstream films nowadays? Surely, if you like a film enough to watch it it makes sense to buy it for 8 quid or whatever on Amazon, and of course it's always nicer to have a genuine copy.

I'm aware that everyone here would only make a copy of a film for back up purposes, but why would anyone bother pirating mainstream films nowadays? Surely, if you like a film enough to watch it it makes sense to buy it for 8 quid or whatever on Amazon, and of course it's always nicer to have a genuine copy.

Agreed, you'd never ever catch me doing anything like that.......

I do back mine up, but like you say I would rather have the case and disc etc. Its too much hassle IMO to pirate / download nowadays.

Sometimes you simply can't afford to buy everything you want (I buy loads tbf) and you just want a copy (from a disk or just off the telly).

Most things that I've ever had a copy of I will eventually buy anyway because I like to have the whole package.

Edited by David Kelly

Whilst we are on the topic of burning, when i burn some of my dvds (from images on the harddrive) how come the audio sync is out and how do i go about fixing that? I think it is something to do with the speed difference in the burning process or something?

I cant be arsed looking and hope someone has a quickfire answer.

Whilst we are on the topic of burning, when i burn some of my dvds (from images on the harddrive) how come the audio sync is out and how do i go about fixing that? I think it is something to do with the speed difference in the burning process or something?

I cant be arsed looking and hope someone has a quickfire answer.

Have a look on afterdawn mate, its a good webby for backingup issues :lol: