Bryan Robson

Super_Steve_Howey

shit manager, over-rated player

:lol:

80s equivalent of darren anderton tbh

In what sense, other than being injury prone?

none tbh but i stand by my claim

he didn't win a league medal in his prime. took him until the end of his career when he was bit part player and cantona was the main man at man u.

he never achieved anything with england other than the captaincy. was either injured or disapointing in every major final i can remember him playing in apart from maybe spain 82. we looked far better in mexico and italy after he went home injured.

i'm not saying he wasn't a good player but captain marvel was massively over-rated.

he didn't win a league medal in his prime. took him until the end of his career when he was bit part player and cantona was the main man at man u.

he never achieved anything with england other than the captaincy. was either injured or disapointing in every major final i can remember him playing in apart from maybe spain 82. we looked far better in mexico and italy after he went home injured.

i'm not saying he wasn't a good player but captain marvel was massively over-rated.

I go the impression you weren't old enough to remember Spain 82?

i don't remember it particularly well but it was the first major tournament i remember watching

Guest Patrokles

i don't remember it particularly well but it was the first major tournament i remember watching

Watertight argument.

First off, expressing an interest in a job is hardly begging for one so the title of this thread is a load of bollocks for a start.

Secondly, Robson had his injuries for sure but he still managed over 650 games for West Brom and Manure. That's approximately 35 games or so a season not counting internationals. Hardly a Darren Anderton type FFS. And he scored almost 140 goals from midfield. All of the times he played I never saw him give less than 100% and most manure fans would have him in an all time squad.

You are talking shite fancy dan.

Watertight argument.

well i did say that it might have been his only non-failure in an international tournament for england.

i can remember enough. he scored a free header in the box against france and we went out on goal difference because of the weird old format. hardly a success story, in keeping with his no-shows at mexico and italy

First off, expressing an interest in a job is hardly begging for one so the title of this thread is a load of bollocks for a start.

Secondly, Robson had his injuries for sure but he still managed over 650 games for West Brom and Manure. That's approximately 35 games or so a season not counting internationals. Hardly a Darren Anderton type FFS. And he scored almost 140 goals from midfield. All of the times he played I never saw him give less than 100% and most manure fans would have him in an all time squad.

You are talking shite fancy dan.

never said he wasn't a good player. he was over-rated though in my opinion.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

thanks for your input, but:

he's not expressing an interest, he's whining after the event that it should of gone to him the unemployed manager rather than Stuart Pearce who would be too busy to do it in his opinion

that sounds like begging to me, along with this:

I have just got to wait and see what opportunities become available, if any, for the challenge that I want.

Thanks for the attempt at clarification, but I still don't see anything close to begging for a job no matter how you attempt to twist his words. I see an opinion which he quite entitled to express and, given the state of man city, is quite valid as pearce does appear to have his hands full there.

Again, the title of this thread is bollocks.

Thanks for the attempt at clarification, but I still don't see anything close to begging for a job no matter how you attempt to twist his words. I see an opinion which he quite entitled to express and, given the state of man city, is quite valid as pearce does appear to have his hands full there.

Again, the title of this thread is bollocks.

you think a manager who has been unemployed since September should be commenting on who should and should not be employed? You don't see the irony? You don't see a self interest there?

Of course he might fancy the job. So what? Expressing an interest and giving an opinion on filling it is not the same as " begging for a job " as you seem to think it is. Don't you see that?

So he's been unemployed since getting his cards in Sptember. Again, so what? That doesn't mean that he can't comment on how a job should be filled. I happen to think he was a brilliant player but at best, a barely average manager......but still entitled to an opinion.

Has there been an ex-player that's walked straight into a top flight management position and been succesful long term?

Souness and Dalglish won trophies at clubs where it was expected, but left them worse off I think. Keegan did a job with us that you can't argue with but it seems to have been shown that he was running on enthusiasm and once that waned he had little to give.

I hate Paul Ince, but I've got to respect the way he's learning the trade at Macclesfield. I wonder if Robson sees himself as above that kind of club.

I am suprised Freddie hasn't invited him to join the coaching staff of the Geordie Nation. Perhaps it is because he is from Chester-le-Street and being from South of the Tyne isn't a proper Geordie like Lee Clarke or Peter Beardsley. Maybe he doesn't even qualify as an adopted one like Roeder never having played for us.

............................. over-rated player

Well now! for a while I considered you to be quite knowledgable in assessing players but now I can see I vastly over-rated your ability.

I am suprised Freddie hasn't invited him to join the coaching staff of the Geordie Nation. Perhaps it is because he is from Chester-le-Street and being from South of the Tyne isn't a proper Geordie like Lee Clarke or Peter Beardsley.

Are you saying Waddle & Gazza aren't proper Geordie's like, cos they're from Gateshead, ye knaa like they're from South of the Tyne? :lol:

Geordie Ridley was from Gateshead as weel, an' he wrote wor National Anthem like, ye want yer arse skelped son, aye an' mebbe yer lugs clipped. :lol: