Missing the toon

micktoon

i fancy a move to oz or nz, sick of this shitehole of a country

i have just been in NZ for three weeks, and im in OZ for 11 days yet, missing home like hell, but mainly the people...i suppose cumbria doesnt have the same pull as Newcastle...

I would reccomend NZ, either Christchurch, Nelson or Wellington, but the south island deals the north island.

would be a great place to come live, i think i will after i go through UNI.

I'm the opposite, I feel a strong urge to get away but feel trapped here. The grass is always greener I guess.

It's a fair point. I personally want to up sticks to America; all my American friends would rather live here. People just like being places they aren't currently.

Thinking of fucking off to [/b] personally like...just don't think the Toon could handle the loss tho ;)

Think I'm going to the west coast this September. You been?

I'm the opposite, I feel a strong urge to get away but feel trapped here. The grass is always greener I guess.

It's a fair point. I personally want to up sticks to America; all my American friends would rather live here. People just like being places they aren't currently.

Thinking of fucking off to [/b] personally like...just don't think the Toon could handle the loss tho ;)

nope, got family in Vancouver and wor lad has been offered a job there if he wants it. We were looking at NZ a few months ago as they are after people with his "trade" but we went along to see a few people and the area was basically a tiny little backwater fishing type village with not a lot else :razz: I think I've just got itchy feet myself as a friend has just moved out to Spain and another to Portugal and another to Austalia. The other half is deadly serious about emigrating tho so we'll see what comes up.

nope, got family in Vancouver and wor lad has been offered a job there if he wants it. We were looking at NZ a few months ago as they are after people with his "trade" but we went along to see a few people and the area was basically a tiny little backwater fishing type village with not a lot else :razz: I think I've just got itchy feet myself as a friend has just moved out to Spain and another to Portugal and another to Austalia. The other half is deadly serious about emigrating tho so we'll see what comes up.

I'll be spending some time in Vancouver (4 days-ish). It's meant to be great. My Dad has a mate who lives there in the summer months as he is the port maintenance guy for a cruise ship that goes up to Alaska. Then he lives in Florida for the winter. Not bad. I'd move abroad at the drop of a hat tbh, even if it was just to give it a go but wor lass isn't interested.

I'll be spending some time in Vancouver (4 days-ish). It's meant to be great. My Dad has a mate who lives there in the summer months as he is the port maintenance guy for a cruise ship that goes up to Alaska. Then he lives in Florida for the winter. Not bad. I'd move abroad at the drop of a hat tbh, even if it was just to give it a go but wor lass isn't interested.

thinking about going out for a visit this year to see what we think. I think it's the distance away more than anything else that's putting me off, isn't as if you can jump on an Easyjet flight to nip back here for the weekend :razz:

There's was huge degree of 'grass is greener' for me. When I got to 18, I wanted to move away and as far as possible.

12 years down the line I miss the place something chronic but given the fact I have 2 kids and their mother is very much southernised, I don't think i'd ever move back.

That said, I am glad I did move away when I did. I'd hate to have gone through life living in one place and one place alone - you'd never know any different...

thinking about going out for a visit this year to see what we think. I think it's the distance away more than anything else that's putting me off, isn't as if you can jump on an Easyjet flight to nip back here for the weekend :o

And the upper class clientèle of the local establishments in Felling. :razz:

nope, got family in Vancouver and wor lad has been offered a job there if he wants it. We were looking at NZ a few months ago as they are after people with his "trade" but we went along to see a few people and the area was basically a tiny little backwater fishing type village with not a lot else :o I think I've just got itchy feet myself as a friend has just moved out to Spain and another to Portugal and another to Austalia. The other half is deadly serious about emigrating tho so we'll see what comes up.

thinking about going out for a visit this year to see what we think. I think it's the distance away more than anything else that's putting me off, isn't as if you can jump on an Easyjet flight to nip back here for the weekend :icon_lol:

And the upper class clientèle of the local establishments in Felling. :razz:

to see the ma and pa and my nephews tool-boy !!! :razz: